This original dish came to us from Italy. Lumaconi are large, hollow pasta, shell-like snails or shoes. The word "lumaconi" is translated - "big snail." They can be filled with meat, mushroom or curd filling. Lumaconi boil to a state Al dente, stuffed with minced meat and baked in the oven. Also exists homemade lumaconi recipe, when they are stuffed raw, pour cream and stew until cooked. This is a very satisfying second course, and is suitable for preparing a family lunch or dinner. Lumaconi is usually served with sauces such as pesto, bolognese, "four cheeses" etc. Prepare pasta in a non-traditional way, see step by step cooking lumaconi with chicken and mushrooms with photos.
Chicken Lumaconi Ingredients
|Chicken fillet||400 g|
|Sour cream||2 tbsp. l|
|Hard cheese||100 g|
Step by step cooking lumaconi with chicken and mushrooms with photo
- Each package of such pasta has a manual. Cook them according to the recommendations, boiled until half cooked in boiling and salted water. Do not digest, otherwise they may fall apart when you start them.
- After they are cooked, spread the pasta on a cutting board so that they do not stick together.
- Grind onions, mushrooms and chicken to prepare the filling. These ingredients need to be cut into small cubes or strips.
- Heat oil in a pan, toss onion first, then mushrooms and chicken. Mushrooms can let the juice go, so fry them first before evaporating moisture, and then another couple of minutes so that the mushrooms and chicken are fried.
- Now pour in the sour cream and simmer the filling for another 2 minutes. Cool.
- Start each lumakoni with cooked minced meat and put them in a baking dish.
- Grate cheese on a fine or coarse grater.
- Spread the cheese on top of the lumaconi and put in the preheated oven to 180-190 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- The cheese will completely melt, and the filling will permeate the pasta.
Serve hot lumaconi with spicy sauce and vegetables. Enjoy your meal!