I would like to introduce you to such an interesting dish as a mackerel bug. This dish can surprise all your guests at the festive table. His recipe is very simple, and I'm sure you will like it very much.
- Frozen mackerel - 3 kilograms;
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons;
- Seasoning for salting fish spicy salting - to taste;
- Bay leaf - 6 pieces;
- Garlic - 2 cloves.
Mackerel bug. Step by step recipe
- To prepare salted mackerel bugs, you need to defrost the fish. After defrosting, you need to cut off the head and tail.
- Next, you need to remove all the insides and carefully remove the ridge, so that as a result you get 3 opened fish fillets.
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Salt the processed fish to taste, and sprinkle with chopped parsley, seasoning for the fish and garlic squeezed in advance.
- On the cling film we put the first salted fillet in the opened form, next to it we put the second and third fillets so that the edges of each fillet overlap each other.
- We turn the fish into a roll, and wrap it tightly in cling film.
- We put the roll in the refrigerator for 10 hours.
- Next, you need to get it out of the refrigerator and place it in the freezer for a couple of days.
Our cold mackerel bug is ready!
Enjoy your meal!
The fish will turn out even tastier if you use freshly caught mackerel when cooking it, and when salted, we advise you to add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Cook with the “I love to cook” team.