Here's another very original way to paint eggs for Easter - to make them marble. This old method was told to me by my grandmother. As it turned out, it is absolutely simple, fast, using only environmental ingredients and very budget. Let's make original Easter eggs for Easter together with “I love to cook”. I will try to describe the step-by-step recipe as detailed as possible: how do I paint the eggs so that they turn out to be unusually beautiful and do not crack in the cooking process.
- raw eggs - 8-10 pieces;
- dry onion peel - 30-50 grams;
- wide non-sterile bandage - 1 piece;
- strong thread for tying - 8-10 pieces;
- pharmacy zelenka - 10 milliliters;
- vegetable oil - 1-2 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon.
Marble eggs for Easter. Step by step recipe
- Raw eggs put in a pan with cold water and leave for 15 minutes - the shell should get wet well. Be sure to check them for cracks in the shell - these are not suitable.
- Remove the topmost dry layer of husk from the onion, rinse it under running water, grind it a bit with scissors (approximately 1.5x1.5 centimeters, but this is not important). And put the wet husk in a separate bowl (we will use it wet).
- Cut the bandage into strips about 30 centimeters long: in the quantity you have eggs. But it is better that the gauze base is denser: therefore I cut 60 centimeters and fold in half.
- On a gauze flap, in the center (with a diameter of 7-10 centimeters), lay out a little damp onion peel, lay an egg on top and sprinkle with onion peel. How many husks per egg? Our task is for it to cling to the whole shell, but at the same time there are places of lumen, which will subsequently be painted with green. I take 2-3 times a pinch, and you focus on your desire and quantity. Since the husk is wet, it is convenient to fix it from above on the shell so that it does not fly off.
- Carefully wrap in a bandage so that the husk fits snugly against the shell and fix with a thread. Try not to press hard on the egg: it is raw.
- Adhering to this step-by-step, in the same way we wrap up all the other future paints.
- In a saucepan, mix 1-1.5 liters of water and 10 milliliters of green stuff. If you need more water for eggs, then add the green stuff in proportion.
- Put the eggs in a pan in one layer. Add salt so that the shell does not crack during cooking. Also, many advise to put a toothpick or match without sulfur in the water: they should prevent the occurrence of cracks.
- We put the pan with cold water and eggs on the fire, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Ready eggs are cooled under a stream of cold water.
- We take the dye out of the gauze bags and rinse again in water to wash off the husk.
- For Easter eggs to have a beautiful sheen, they need to be wiped with cotton wool soaked in vegetable oil.
Marble eggs for Easter are ready! You can use colored water repeatedly to color the second batch of eggs. But they already turn out not so bright green color. Indeed, in the process of cooking, onion husks conveyed their color to water. But, in principle, also quite an interesting coloring. By the way, gauze can be replaced with nylon stockings or tights. Remember to wear gloves when painting eggs. Be with us on “I love to cook”: and you will surely succeed!