Kouzyo with meat is a national Dagestan dish. The recipe is very similar to homemade dumplings, but there is still a difference. Firstly, it’s the “pigtail” molding technology, as shown in the photo, and secondly, it is a different composition and consistency of minced meat. Each housewife has her own recipe for making kurzou with meat. Today I will introduce you to my.
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt;
- 0.5 kilograms of flour;
- 250 milliliters of water;
- 4 large onions;
- 500 grams of ground beef;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of parsley or cilantro;
- chicken egg (optional);
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 50 grams of butter for frying;
- a tablespoon of sour cream.
Kouzyo with meat. Step by step recipe
- Sift flour into a large bowl and add salt.
- In the center of the flour hill we make a hole.
- Pour water and an egg into the hole.
- Pour the flour from the edges to the center, knead the dough with a spoon.
- After reaching the desired consistency, when the mixture becomes elastic, smooth, we proceed to manually knead the dough.
- Sprinkle the working surface with flour, and then begin to knead.
- If the dough has stopped sticking to your hands, then it is ready.
- Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Fry 0.3 parts of onion in butter until transparent.
- Add tomato paste to the pan, diluted with water to the density of sour cream, or fresh finely chopped tomatoes.
- Finely chop the greens and garlic.
- Mix raw meat, onions, herbs, garlic and add the frying and sour cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If the ground beef is very thick, then you need to dilute it with water to a consistency that is convenient for modeling. It is best to cook the filling 2-3 hours before making dumplings.
- Starting to sculpt Dagestan dumplings at home, you need to cut a small piece of dough, roll it out with a thickness of about 3 millimeters.
- Cut out circles with a diameter of 8-10 centimeters with a cup. (Kurzyos are usually made large enough).
- We put meat on each dough circle and glue the edges in the form of a pigtail, as shown in the video from the You Tube portal.
- Kouzyo with meat cook in salted water until tender - about 10 minutes.
- We grease the finished Dagestan dumplings with ghee so that they do not stick together.
- I recommend serving kurze with sauce of sour cream or kefir with garlic.
"Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit and good mood!