There is no end and edge to the wide, split Maslenitsa, it is going merrily throughout all the countries of the former USSR: here in Mordovia they bake millet pancakes (they are also called patch) to meet her. The secret of making pancakes is very simple, but they turn out thin, delicate, in the hole. And what a flavor !!! And what a beauty indescribable !!! I found a similar pancake recipe for millet goulash on the YouTube channel (though it is called the original Russian recipe there). I will not argue: pancakes are more than 1000 years old, and at that time we were one nation - the Slavs. We will be glad that centuries-old traditions are sacredly revered, and we will begin to bake delicious, unusually tender pancakes from millet porridge.
- prepared millet porridge (0.5 cups of millet + 2 cups of water);
- 1.5 cups flour;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 cups of milk;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder;
- 50 grams of butter for dough;
- 2 tablespoons of ghee (for greasing the finished pancakes);
- vegetable oil;
Pancakes with millet goulash. Step by step recipe
- We need millet porridge (kulesh) to cool, so we prepare it in advance: pour 0.5 cups of millet with 2 cups of water and cook over medium heat (7 minutes after boiling), turn it off and wait for it to cool completely. Seven minutes is enough - after all, the ratio of water to cereals is 4 to 1.
- Salt, add sugar to taste, drive in the eggs and stir until smooth.
- Pour the flour in several stages, add the baking powder. Mix everything again.
- We start pouring milk into a rather thick mass, in small portions, mixing everything with a whisk. If you want the porridge not to feel, beat with a blender.
- In sweet pancakes, add vanillin and melted butter, beat with a blender until smooth.
- A well-heated pan (for pancakes it is better to take a cast iron), grease with a brush with vegetable oil.
- Pour the dough with a ladle, distribute in a pan. Although the resulting dough is thicker than with ordinary pancakes, pancakes will turn out delicate in the hole. Bake very quickly and easily turn over.
- With preheated ghee (I use butter), grease each pancake removed from the pan.
We serve our millet pancakes abundantly sprinkled with oil, honey, syrup or berries.
I also offer this option for serving millet porridge pancakes: with cheese sauce. To cook it, warm in a small bowl (I use a saucepan) cream with herbs and chopped garlic. Add the grated cheese there and mix well until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
I wish you bon appetit: millet porridge pancakes with cheese sauce - this is an indescribable gamut of taste sensations. Visit the portal “I like to cook” - and you can always enjoy unusual delicious dishes prepared according to our recipes.