In childhood, I did not like buckwheat, but I could not tear myself away from my mother’s Greek. These are amazing meatballs that are now constantly admired by my guests. Tenderness, juiciness, mouth-watering aroma - everything is perfect! The recipe for cooking Greek is simple. Let’s take it together to “Very tasty.”
- buckwheat - 150 grams;
- minced meat - 0.5 kilograms;
- onions - 1-2 pieces;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- flour or bread crumbs - 3-4 tablespoons;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Greek mother's recipe. Step by step recipe
- Boil buckwheat in salted water in a ratio of about 1: 2.
- Pass the onion through a meat grinder, you can additionally kill with a blender.
- Combine the minced meat, buckwheat, onions, eggs, salt, season with spices and mix well.
- In order for the stuffing to accumulate oxygen and be more airy, it is recommended to beat it off slightly (take it in your hands and throw it in a bowl), so do it several times.
- We form cutlets, breading in breadcrumbs or flour and fry in vegetable oil on both sides.
- To make them softer, juicier, as in the photo, then put them in a pot, pour a little broth on the bottom of it (a couple of centimeters), cover and put in a preheated oven to 150-180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
All is ready! The Greek people turned out like from a stove - they just melt in your mouth! They are perfect for any vegetable side dish, they can be served with tomato sauce, ketchup. Also very tasty buckwheat is obtained with the liver, just replace the minced meat with the same amount of liver. For this recipe, it is better to use beef or chicken liver. Optionally, you can add herbs and garlic.
"Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit!