The monastery stew is a healthy dish prepared in pots. With such a wonderful dish you can feed the whole family in full, and you don’t need to fantasize about it. Such stew was made earlier in monasteries and treated parishioners. Now this dish is in the culinary cycle, and many cook it at home, adding their own ingredients. Cooking does not take much time, and the ingredients are the most affordable and inexpensive.
- potatoes - 5 pieces;
- onions - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 50 grams;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- green onions optional.
Monastic "Stew". Step by step recipe
- Potatoes and onions need to be washed and peeled. Cut the potatoes into a cube, not finely, but onions into a small cube.
- In a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil, fry the potatoes over medium heat until golden brown and put the chopped onion, also fry a little, until half cooked.
- Take the clay pots and put the potatoes with onions, pour a little oil, fill in half with boiled water, salt, pepper and chop the green onions if desired.
- Set the oven to 170 degrees and set pots for 30 minutes. Watch for readiness.
Such a wonderful dish can also be cooked in the oven, if you have it, it turns out incredibly tasty. Serve the monastery stew hot or warm, can be served with sour cream, herbs or vegetables. For a change, you can add any vegetables you like, fish or meat to the pot. Bon appetit from “I like to cook”!