Meat rolls will be the highlight of the New Year's table in 2018. Such rolls are prepared simply, the meat is soft, juicy, with a rich taste, an unusual sauce will surprise all guests, and even the children will like the original serving. Suitable for those who follow the figure, as in the recipe there are no high-calorie ingredients, and pork can be replaced with chicken fillet.
Meat rolls for the New Year 2018:
Assumed on skewers and with an unusual sauce.
- 700 grams of pork loin;
- 1 tablespoon of mustard;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2 tablespoons of cognac (wine);
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 150 grams of any tomato sauce (ketchup);
- salt, sugar, spices to taste;
- wooden skewers.
For the sauce:
- 1 can of horseradish with beet juice;
- 100 grams of cranberries and 50 grams of sugar (in stores they sell ready-made cranberries mashed with sugar in sealed bags).
Meat rolls for the New Year. Step by step recipe
- From butter, cognac, chopped garlic, prepare a marinade.
- Cut the pork into slices, beat, put in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 day (this is ideal, but as experience shows, it can be a couple of hours).
- 30 minutes before the start of the cooking process, soak wooden skewers in water.
- We start cooking: we take out the meat, spread it with mustard, salt, pepper, roll the rolls and put them on skewers freely.
- A baking sheet (non-stick cookware) can be lightly greased, spread our skewers.
- Add tomato sauce (ketchup) to the marinade, stir well, pour our kebabs and put in the oven to stew for 30-40 minutes.
- We get it, put it on a dish, decorate to your taste and serve.
- Preparing the sauce: in a blender we beat the cranberries with sugar and add horseradish with beet juice, which is sold in any supermarket. If you have ready grated cranberries, then just mix the ingredients of the sauce. Serve in gravy boats.
Advice from personal experience: I like to experiment, so I put lard, dried apricots, prunes, olives, olives in rolls. And between the rolls, skewers pounded tomatoes and zucchini, but I also marinated them.
Such meat rolls on skewers can be served with any side dish - mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, vegetables ... As you can see, this recipe is quite simple.
We offer another quick recipe for diet meat rolls with asparagus!
Meat rolls with asparagus. Ingredients:
- 3 chicken or turkey fillets
- green and white asparagus beans
- carrots / bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- a pinch of provence herbs
- some salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
To fasten the rolls we also need toothpicks.
Meat rolls. The recipe for the steps:
- We beat the chicken or turkey fillet on both sides.
- For the sauce: a spoonful of olive oil, a pinch of provence herbs, honey and salt, mix everything.
- Lubricate the fillet with a brush and spread the filling of asparagus (pepper, carrots - if desired) in the middle of the fillet.
- We fasten the rolls with a toothpick.
- Further 3 options: you can simply fry until golden brown on both sides in a frying pan, you can bake in foil for 30-35 minutes, or cook in a slow cooker for 40-45 minutes. Grease the top of the rolls with the remaining honey-olive sauce and sprinkle with herbs.
- Serve with potatoes, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and sprinkle with basil on top. The smell will be wonderful!
Video provided by Liliia France
The culinary portal "Very Delicious" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the delicious turkey roll with mushrooms and chicken roll.