The noodles with vegetables that we will cook today for lunch are a vegetarian dish. Those who keep the fast can use this recipe (ready-made noodles should be taken with one that does not contain eggs). On February 27, Lent begins, and believers refuse to eat fast food. But lean does not mean tasteless. The noodles with vegetables turn out very tasty, aromatic, reminiscent of the approaching spring with smells.
- 250 grams of Lagman noodles;
- 450 grams of tomato;
- 350 grams of bell pepper (red and green, 1 each);
- 100 grams of carrots;
- 100 grams of onion;
- 200 grams of squash (one small squash);
- ¾ teaspoon coriander (preferably whole, but can also be ground);
- ¾ teaspoon of zira;
- hot ground pepper (red);
- any vegetable oil for frying vegetables.
Noodles with vegetables. Step by step recipe
- Cut the peeled onion in half and cut into thin slices, carrots - in strips (you can use a coarse grater or Korean carrot grater)
- In a skillet with a thick bottom, heat the vegetable oil (I use sunflower, but you can use any other one to your taste), spread the vegetables and simmer for three minutes over medium heat.
- Bulgarian pepper cut into thin strips (for greater brightness of the dish, it is better to take one pepper of a different color - for example, green and red), add to the pan to the onion and carrots.
- Zucchini cut into thin strips and send to vegetables. We continue to fry.
- Cut the tomatoes (450 grams - these are 2 large tomatoes) into small cubes and put in a pan. There we add cumin, coriander (in equal amounts), hot red pepper (to taste). Continue to simmer all the vegetables for another 10 minutes (under the lid).
- While vegetables are being cooked, boil the lagman noodles (if you did not find noodles for the lagman in the shops, you can use any other flat noodles). Or do it yourself.
- A simple recipe for homemade noodles: in a bowl, mix 200 milliliters of warm water, 1 tablespoon of salt and one egg. Mix well with a whisk. Add 500 grams of flour and knead the dough. Leave it to lie down for 1 hour, wrapped in a wet towel. Roll and cut into thin strips. (There are other recipes, but they are more difficult to execute).
- Put the cooked noodles to the vegetables, sprinkle with fresh herbs (I use parsley, but dill and cilantro can be used) and mix.
If you are not a vegetarian, then for cooking lagman you can boil meat (if there is a lot of broth, you will get soup, if smaller - boiled noodles with gravy). And do not forget the main thing: any lagman implies the presence of a large number of fresh vegetables.
If you are going to cook a real lagman in Uzbek (with meat), the recommendations for serving the dish are as follows: put lagman noodles on a plate, pieces of meat and vegetables on it, pour meat broth on everything (take the top layer of the broth, it is more rich).
We spread the hot noodles with vegetables on plates and call the household to the table. Lunch - tasty, healthy, fragrant - ready. You can look at other recipes of lean dishes on our website "I like to cook". Next time we will tell you a recipe for homemade noodles and a recipe for chicken noodle soup.