Once a friend treated me to an amazingly delicious dish - it was chicken on salt in the oven. The very tender, juicy chicken baked in the oven was unusually soft, tender and simply melted in the mouth. And what a beauty: golden and crisp. But the main secret is that her husband prepared this dish: who, in principle, doesn’t know how to cook! It turns out that absolutely everyone can cook such an insanely tasty, fragrant chicken in the oven. Do you want to conquer the guests? Prepare a chicken carcass, salt, vegetable oil - and we begin.
- chicken carcass - 1 piece;
- salt - 500 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.
Chicken on the salt in the oven. Step by step recipe
- To start cooking chicken in the oven, rinse and dry the bird carcass: you can use a towel. I take a chicken weighing about a kilogram - it bakes pretty quickly and, at the same time, does not dry out. It is very important to choose the right chicken. Fresh chilled carcass is more suitable for cooking than frozen. The meat of such a bird is softer and the taste is more pronounced. The age of the chicken also matters - it is better to take the bird up to 1 year, otherwise it will be tough. It is important to look at the appearance of the bird. The carcass should be round, without protruding bones. The skin is light, with a pink tint, but without bluish smudges. Fat in a young chicken will not be saturated yellow: otherwise, it is better not to take such a chicken.
- With a sharp knife, cut the chicken along the breast, cut off excess fat.
- Lubricate the surface of the chicken with vegetable oil: then it will turn out even more juicy and get a crisp.
- Pour salt onto a dry baking sheet and spread evenly over the entire surface.
- We spread the chicken on the salt, cut it down and press down a little with your hand.
- We put the chicken in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 45-50 minutes. Tip. Do not bake chicken on salt at a temperature of 200 degrees, otherwise the skin may burst and burn. In general, there is such a calculation when baking chicken: every 450-460 grams of poultry is baked for 20 minutes. And 15 extra minutes over and above this formula.
- When the chicken is cooked in salt, do not rush to cut it immediately. She should "rest" for 10-15 minutes. It can also be covered with foil: then it will become even more juicy.
The essence of preparing chicken for salt in the oven is that the salt absorbs excess moisture from the skin of the chicken, and it becomes dry and crispy: at the same time, it seals the chicken juices inside the meat so that the fillet and thighs are very juicy and tasty.
In addition to chicken on the salt baked in the oven, a properly selected sauce can become a bright accent of the dish. It is he who will play the main violin in the tasteful orchestra of the dish.
- The most common are sour cream, cream or cheese sauce. For the sake of pungency, add a few cloves of garlic to such sauces, and for the piquancy of the taste - grated horseradish.
- Also, to add flavor, forest mushrooms are great. The taste of Mexican cuisine will add spicy chili sauce.
- A sauce made from walnuts will give a touch of Georgian cuisine.
- Sour-sweet Asian sauce or honey-ginger will become a bright flash for taste buds.
With all these sauces, your chicken will play in a new way every time. My favorite sauce, to baked chicken, which is perfect for this dish, is pineapple.
- For him, we need to fry a tablespoon of cornmeal in chicken fat until golden brown.
- Add half a glass of orange juice, a teaspoon of lemon and an incomplete glass of water. Mix the whole mixture well and warm until the sauce thickens.
- At the end, add 150 grams of finely chopped pineapple pulp (canned can be used). Salt the sauce to taste, serve chilled.
Another feature of the recipe for cooking chicken for salt is that you feel the true taste of the bird, which does not interrupt a single spice and seasoning. But, if you still lack the aroma of curry, turmeric, cumin, coriander, pepper or garlic, you can safely add them. You can always see recipes for many other sauces and seasonings for chicken on our site “I like to cook”.