A spicy and unusual recipe: pancakes with kefir cheese. You may ask: what is so unusual? The originality and zest of this simple recipe is that we will not use cheese as a filling, but add it to the dough itself. In this recipe I used feta, but you can replace it with, for example, Adyghe cheese. Cheese pancakes turn out magnificent, fragrant, very unusual: absolutely unlike thin pancakes habitual to us. I recommend trying to cook such pancakes with kefir as soon as possible!
- 150 grams of premium wheat flour;
- 3 pieces of chicken eggs;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 175 milliliters of fat-free kefir;
- 150 grams of salty feta cheese or Adyghe;
- one bunch of fresh dill;
- two cloves of garlic;
- 70 grams of butter;
- cooking oil for frying.
Tasty pancakes with cheese and herbs on kefir. Step by step recipe
- First we need to sift the flour and combine it with sugar and salt. To mix everything.
- Add three eggs to the flour and knead the dough.
- Pour kefir and whisk thoroughly with a whisk so that there are no lumps of flour and air. You can use a mixer: it will be much faster.
- Add melted butter. In order to prepare ghee, you need to cut it into small pieces or grate it on a coarse grater. Send everything to a saucepan and bring to a boil, constantly removing foam. Carefully pour the resulting mass into another container so that the residue remains in the saucepan.
- All components are mixed. I usually leave the dough for a couple of minutes so that all the ingredients seem to be "friends" with each other.
- Finely chop the dill and garlic. In order to finely chop the garlic, you must first crush it with the back of the knife, and then chop it in the usual way. You can use a blender.
- Feta or Adyghe cheese must be grated thoroughly so that solid pieces and lumps do not get into the dough. I did it with a fork.
- Add feta and chopped spices to the dough and knead well.
- It is advisable to bake pancakes in a special pancake pan with a non-stick coating. Lubricate the surface with oil and heat well to let the steam go.
- Pour a little dough into the pan and distribute with a spatula or ladle.
- Fry the pancakes on each side until cooked.
- We grease each finished pancake with ghee so that they do not stick together.
Ready-made pancakes with cheese I like to serve with sour cream. This can be a great option for a light dinner. It is most tasty to eat them still hot, then the crust turns crispy. I also recommend trying to cook classic pancakes with curd filling: you can find their simple step-by-step cooking recipe on the Very Delicious portal.
We are also happy to tell you the secrets of making delicious thin pancakes and discover the secret of how to make pancakes with mineral water and milk.