With a little effort, you can cook in your kitchen a real masterpiece of haute cuisine - the perfect Asian-style pork steak. Such a dish can not be called just pork steak, it is both amazing in taste and original in serving. Each piece of steak in combination with spinach and cream sauce brings you to Asian countries. The recipe is just a godsend for lovers of juicy pork steaks, it uses original ingredients that are inherent in many ways to Asian cuisine. I’m sure you will have a desire to cook a steak with us. Please yourself, relatives or guests. Write the recipe in your notebook so as not to lose.
- pork steaks (from a collar) - 2 pieces of 250 grams each;
- stem of lemongrass (lemon sorghum) - 1 piece;
- fresh ginger - 5 grams; if there is no lemon sorghum, add a little more ginger;
- cooking oil for frying.
- garlic - 5-7 cloves;
- fresh chili pepper - depending on how much you like spicy dishes;
- a pinch of salt;
- sugar white sand - 2 tablespoons;
- fish sauce - 2 tablespoons;
- classic soy sauce - 3 tablespoons;
- Teriyaki sauce - 2 tablespoons.
For the sauce:
- fresh spinach (or frozen) - 70 grams;
- cream 20% fat - 250-300 milliliters;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- pepper, salt - to your taste.
Perfect Asian-style pork steak.
- It’s worth starting with choosing the right piece of pork steak (from a collar). The meat must be fresh, correctly cut for the stack (across the fibers), the weight of each piece of steak should be approximately 250 grams. Wash each piece under running water and wipe off the water. We shift it into a clean and deep glass bowl, and we will marinate the meat in it.
- Prepare the marinade for pork steaks. For this we need a mortar. If there is no mortar, replace it with a blender.
- Prepare the garlic. Peel the garlic cloves and cut each clove in half. We get the middle (core), we do not need it. We send the halves of garlic to the mortar. Cut off a few pieces from fresh chili peppers - how much will be enough for your taste to give the meat spiciness. Then add a little salt (a pinch) to the mortar and start grinding. We do the same in the blender.
- After grated pepper and garlic, add two tablespoons of granulated sugar, two tablespoons of fish sauce. If you don’t have one then just don’t add anything instead. Then three tablespoons of soy sauce and two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. Mix well with a spoon. Marinade for meat is ready.
- On a cutting board, cut thin slices of fresh ginger root.
- Now you need to finely chop lemon sorghum. Cut it into small thin plates. If you are unable to get lemon sorghum, you should add a little more fresh ginger to the marinade instead.
- Now you need to combine all the components and the marinade, then add to the meat. It is best to wear disposable gloves (as chili peppers bake on the skin) and mix two meat steaks in a marinade. Soak the meat thoroughly on all sides. Then the meat should lie down for at least 3-4 hours (and preferably 10 hours). We cover the bowl with cling film and send it to the refrigerator.
- The meat should not be sent immediately to the pan, as soon as we get it, it should stand on the table and become room temperature. When the meat is fried, it will become soft and juicy. In the meantime, I recommend preparing a delicious spinach sauce.
- To do this, take fresh spinach and wash it thoroughly. Fresh spinach can also be replaced with frozen spinach. Then cut into small pieces and send to a blender. Grind.
- Add cream to the chopped spinach and whisk again.
- Then we take a small stewpan. Pour creamy spinach mass. We need to bring this mixture to a boil, but do not boil. Also salt and pepper to taste. When the sauce is removed from the heat, add the garlic. Rub it on a fine grater.
- Now we start to fry the steaks. Take the grill pan. If you do not have such a pan, take the one with a thick bottom. Pour some vegetable oil.
- We put steaks (on our own) in a well-heated pan and fry over high heat.
- Now a very important point in the preparation of steaks: we will need to crush them with a load during the frying period. To do this, take a piece of foil that can cover the pan. You will also need a pot of water that can fit on steaks and create a press.
- After steaks are placed in the pan over a large fire, fry on it for about two minutes. Then we reduce the fire and fry for a couple of minutes.
- After that we remove the press and foil and turn the meat on the other side. Then we put back the foil and press. Increase the heat to large and fry for about two minutes. After that, we also reduce it and fry the meat for a couple of minutes.
- We transfer the finished meat from the pan to the grill. We put a plate under the grate where extra juice will drip from it. Steaks should lie down so slightly.
- We shift to the dish. Pour a little sauce over it. The rest of the sauce is served in a saucer.
As a result, you get very juicy, soft, beautiful meat. Awesome aroma from spicy marinade and delicious sauce perfectly complement each other. Cook with pleasure, and our site “Very Delicious” is always happy to help you find wonderful recipes. Enjoy your meal!