This casserole is often called gratin, since potatoes with meat are baked under a cheese crust, allowing the ingredients to fully reveal their taste and aroma, and most importantly, not to lose it. Thanks to sealing and sour cream sauce, chicken and potatoes are very juicy and tender. In addition to onions and garlic, you can add carrots or other vegetables, such as eggplant, to your home recipe. This chicken meat dish can be a great dinner with your family or offered to guests as the main dish, adding a couple of delicious salads to the holiday menu. Your help will be excellent step-by-step preparation of potato casserole with chicken under cheese with a photo.
Potato Casserole Ingredients
|Chicken fillet||500 g|
|Hard cheese||150 g|
|Sour cream||300 g|
|Mixture of herbs||taste|
Step by step cooking potato casserole with chicken and cheese with photo
- To make the meat more tender, cut the fillet into plates, and then beat off a little.
- Sprinkle the beaten meat with salt and pepper, and dried herbs can also be added. Cut the cloves of garlic into plates and add to the meat. Spread the meat well with all the seasonings.
- Add mayonnaise to the meat and mix again. Leave the chicken to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- To prepare sour cream sauce, add pepper, salt and dry herbs to sour cream, mix.
- When the meat is already marinated, begin to prepare the baking dish. Lubricate it with vegetable oil. Put the chopped onions in the first layer, best if they are onion rings.
- Next, distribute half the thinly sliced potatoes. Do not cut large, otherwise the potatoes will not bake.
- Lubricate the potato layer with only half the sour cream sauce.
- Then lay half of the pickled meat in one layer.
- Then put the potatoes again, grease with the remaining sour cream sauce, and then a layer of meat. Spread the grated cheese with the last layer.
- Put the casserole in a preheated oven to 200 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Decorate the finished dish with fresh herbs.
Serve the casserole hot by slicing it into portioned slices. In winter, serve pickles to the dish, and in summer, seasonal, fresh vegetables. Enjoy your meal!