“I love to cook” shares the recipe for an incredibly gentle, quick to prepare dish: potato roll. It so happened that potatoes are a frequent guest on our table and take pride of place. Potato goes well with meat, fish, mushrooms, vegetables and dough.
Today's recipe is very simple and incredibly mouth-watering. A delicious dinner of simple products at home - this is what we promise you. You will be able to surprise your loved ones with a gentle and piquant taste: they will surely be satisfied and will again ask you to cook it.
- potatoes - 1 kilogram;
- premium wheat flour - 200 grams;
- cilantro or dill (chopped) - 4 tablespoons;
- spices garam masala (curry masala) - 2 teaspoons;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- turmeric - 0.5 teaspoons;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- water - 110 milliliters.
Potato roll. Step by step recipe
- First, we need a bowl in which we will knead the dough on a roll. Sift flour into it, add turmeric and half a teaspoon of salt. Pour the vegetable oil into the flour. Add water a little bit. Knead the dough. We shift the dough onto a rolling board: if you don’t have one, just add flour to the tabletop and knead the dough. The dough should be soft and elastic. If it turns out that the dough is wet, add a little more flour and continue to knead.
- Getting to the potato. Boil it. Mash with the rest of the salt. If you think that salt is not enough, add it to taste. Add chopped herbs and masala spices there. Leave aside for a while, so that the mashed potatoes cool.
- We return to the test. Sprinkle a work surface or board for rolling out with a layer of flour and roll out the dough into a rectangular shape, 3 mm thick.
- On the rolled dough, evenly distribute a layer of prepared cooled potatoes. We roll it into a tight roll. I rolled it in length: then it turns out thicker and with a large number of layers.
- Cut the resulting potato roll with a sharp knife. The width of the rolls is approximately 1-1.5 centimeters. We carefully adjust each roll so that it has a beautiful round shape.
- Preheat the oven to 210C. We spread the rolls of potatoes on a greased baking sheet or use parchment: it is no longer necessary to lubricate it.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. This is all individual and depends on the oven and the program that you are using (if you have an electric oven).
I recommend serving tasty unusual potatoes with sauces and salads. Also, the filling can be used not only potato. You can cook a roll with potatoes and chicken, pork minced meat: then it will be even juicier. For lovers of spicy aromas and aftertaste: add 0.5 teaspoons of ground ginger or red chili to the dough.
This wonderful dish can be safely prepared for dinner: the simplicity of the products makes it affordable for everyone. The “I love to cook” team is working to ensure that you always have a tasty meal with us. Enjoy your meal!