Potato rolls in pita bread is not only a simple and original snack, but also very tasty! If you are a lover of Russian herring with potatoes, then you should definitely try potato rolls in pita bread. Thin pita bread, tender mashed potatoes and spicy herring will leave an indelible taste sensation!
- pita bread - 1 piece;
- potatoes (medium) - 3-4 pieces;
- herring (fillet) - 1/2 pieces;
- mayonnaise - 2-3 tablespoons.
Potato rolls in pita bread. Step by step recipe
- We peel the potatoes from the peel and boil in salted water until tender. Potato cooking time depends on its size.
- Ready potatoes turn into mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes should be without lumps.
- Herring fillet must be cleaned of bones, otherwise the enjoyment of potato rolls in pita bread will be spoiled.
- Herring should be cut into strips, about 5-7 millimeters thick.
- Arrange pita bread (size and shape to your taste) and grease with mayonnaise. If the pita bread is very large, then more ingredients will be needed.
- Spread mashed potatoes all over the pita bread. If it is very thin, it is better to use a double.
- Put the chopped herring fillet on the potatoes at different distances.
- Roll pita bread into tight roll. You can do this with a cling film pre-spread under pita bread. But I did it without her.
- Put the roll in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, cut into rolls and put on a dish.
- You can decorate with herbs or vegetables.
Potato rolls in pita bread are an excellent snack, a picnic dish or a snack at work! Store in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days. Having tried this hearty appetizer with herring, you will cook it for every holiday! "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking stuffed potatoes and stewed potatoes with cucumbers.