In my family everyone loves meat. And now, a few days ago, I got a recipe for a classic potted cana. But, unfortunately, there was no fresh mutton in my market, and I ventured to take beef. The beef canahan turned out to be so delicious that now I will cook this dish very often. You open the lid, and a delicious aroma of stew, with vegetables and spices, is fragrant from the pot. You pick up a spoon: one, the second - very tasty! A cool step-by-step recipe for cooking canahas in the oven in the Georgian spread below. Follow me!
- beef meat (pulp) - 600 grams;
- mutton fat - 50 grams;
- potatoes (medium) - 4 pieces;
- eggplant - 200 grams;
- onions (medium) - 4 pieces;
- fresh tomato - 2 pieces;
- tomato juice - 600-800 milliliters;
- fresh parsley - 1 bunch;
- fresh cilantro - 1 bunch;
- hot ground pepper - to your liking;
- hops-suneli seasoning - to your liking;
- salt - to your liking.
Chanakhs in pots. Step by step recipe
- My eggplant, cut the stalk, the opposite tip, and cut them into small cubes.
- We put it in a deep bowl, add a little salt, fill it with water and let it stand for a while (10 - 15 minutes) so that bitterness comes out.
- We cut the meat (beef) into small pieces.
- Lamb fat is also finely chopped. My fat is stored in the freezer: frozen fat can be grated.
- We mix meat and mutton fat together in one bowl.
- Onions are peeled, washed and cut into rings.
- We clean the potatoes, wash them and cut them not very finely.
- Fresh tomatoes wash well and cut into small pieces.
- Now that all the vegetables and meat have been prepared, you can start collecting pots in pots.
- The name of the recipe speaks for itself. We will prepare this delicious chanakh in ceramic (clay) pots with a lid. And the ingredients will be laid out in layers in each pot. Another feature of the preparation of canahas in Georgian is that all products must be tightly packed in pots so that there is no free space. Thanks to this, the result is an incomparable taste of Canahi.
- At the bottom of each pot (I have four) we put the meat mixed with lamb fat.
- To your taste, sprinkle the meat with hot ground pepper and suneli hops.
- Put the sliced potatoes in the next layer.
- Add a little salt to each pot. Salt needs to be added focusing strictly on your taste, but do not forget that it also exists in tomato juice.
- Drain the water from the eggplant, rinse it under running water (this will leave excess salt and bitterness), and put it in pots on top of the potatoes.
- Next, lay onions, slices of fresh tomatoes.
- Then we put finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Lastly, fill the contents of our pots with tomato juice.
- We close the pots with lids and send them to a preheated oven (up to 180-200 degrees) for 1-1.5 hours.
- Depending on the technical characteristics of your oven, the cooking time for canahas in tomato sauce may vary for everyone. Therefore, I recommend the first 30-40 minutes to cook the chanahi at a temperature of 200 degrees, and then slightly reduce the temperature to 170-160 and simmer another hour or more: until ready.
Ready beef canahs cool slightly and serve directly in pots, or pour them into plates. But most of all I like to serve it in pots - it’s so much more interesting. I hope this recipe for a delicious Georgian dish will appeal to you. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.