Food in the post can be not only tasty, but also quite diverse: I offer you a selection of main dishes in Lent. There are exactly 7 recipes - for every day of the week. All of them are very satisfying, aromatic and rich in vitamins: after all, only natural products are used. Many meatless dishes were invented by monks in monasteries - and they knew a lot about food.
Potatoes with tomatoes. Step by step recipe
- 1 kilogram of my tomatoes, dry, make cross-shaped incisions on the side of the stalk and pour boiling water for 30 seconds. Then we douse with cold water and remove the skin. Cut into 4 parts.
- We take 1 kilogram of clean peeled potatoes: on each potato we make frequent longitudinal cuts.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds in a mortar.
- In a form we spread a layer of tomatoes, on them - potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle caraway seeds on top and pour 200 milliliters of vegetable broth.
- We put the form with vegetables in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 40 minutes.
- At this time, chop 5 cloves of garlic (in any convenient way), combine with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of lean mayonnaise, slightly beat with a fork.
- After 40 minutes, we get the vegetables, pour them with a garlic mixture. Top up with chopped 50 grams of olives.
- Return the form to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- We decorate the finished potatoes with tomatoes with herbs (I use parsley) and serve.
Lazy cabbage rolls with champignons. Step by step recipe
- 500 grams of fresh champignons wash, dry, grind (in a meat grinder or a blender - it does not matter).
- We cook 200 grams of rice in salt water until cooked: 600 milliliters of water will be needed for this amount of rice.
- 3 onions peel and finely chop.
- 350 grams of white cabbage are shredded with thin fine straws (straws still cut across).
- Drain the water from the finished rice, mix it with champignons, vegetables, add 0.5 teaspoon of salt and 10 grams of dried garlic.
- We form long cutlets from the minced meat (it is better to wet your hands first with water).
- Stuffed cabbage in a hot pan in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (over high heat) until golden brown. Ready-made semi-finished products are immediately transferred to the baking dish.
- Pour sauce: for it, mix 100 grams of hot ketchup and lean mayonnaise, mix well.
- We put the form with cabbage rolls in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- We lay lazy cabbage rolls on portioned plates, decorating with greens, cherry tomatoes and lean mayonnaise (optional, naturally).
Gyuvech with rice. Step by step recipe
- Grate one medium carrot on a coarse grater.
- One eggplant, washed, peeled and diced, sprinkle with a small amount of salt and leave for 10 minutes. Then we squeeze out the released liquid (with it, bitterness will also go away).
- We cut one head of onion into cubes and sauté in a deep frying pan (or saucepan) in vegetable oil (3 tablespoons).
- 200 grams of well-washed rice sent to the onion. There we put 3 sweet peppers, peeled and finely chopped. Add 0.5 teaspoon of salt, mix and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the dishes from the fire.
- 8 medium tomatoes cut into circles.
- We spread all the prepared foods in a deep baking dish: first half of the tomatoes, then rice with vegetables (from the stewpan), 100 grams of canned peas and beans, carrots, eggplant. The last layer is the remaining half of the tomatoes. Salt to taste (if necessary) and pour 4 cups of water.
- We send the form to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
"Nests" with vegetables and mushrooms. Step by step recipe
- 500 grams of oyster mushroom (you can use any other fresh mushrooms), boil, cool and chop (cut or blender). Salt and pepper to taste.
- We bake one yellow bell pepper in the oven (to black tan), remove and put in a penny bag, tie and remove for 10 minutes.
- 200 grams of broccoli cut into inflorescences.
- Wash 300 grams of green beans and drain the excess liquid.
- Finely chop one onion and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Grind a bunch of basil.
- We put onion and garlic in a pan with preheated vegetable oil, fry until golden brown. Add mushrooms to them and fry for 5 minutes.
- We take out the baked pepper from the bag, peel and chop the flesh into small cubes.
- Fry in vegetable oil (in a separate pan) pepper, broccoli, green beans, basil. Pre-mix them in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil 400 grams of pasta ("nests"), spread on portioned plates, on top - prepared mushrooms and vegetables.
- We decorate the dish in accordance with imagination.
Vegetable stew with mushrooms. Step by step recipe
- 600 grams of zucchini 3 carrots and cut into cubes.
- We cut one sweet bell pepper into strips (having previously removed the seeds and the stalk).
- 100 grams of parsley root, washed and peeled, finely chopped.
- 2 onions, peel and chop.
- 200 grams of fresh champignons (or any other fresh mushrooms) are cleaned, if necessary, and cut into 4 parts.
- In a pan with 2 tablespoons of heated vegetable oil, fry the onions and parsley. We spread carrots, zucchini to them, salt to taste and fry for another 10 minutes. We send champignons, peppers to the pan, mix and fry for another 7 minutes.
- Add 2 sliced tomatoes, pour 2 tablespoons of water, salt and pepper to taste (if necessary), cover with a lid and leave over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- We put in a pan 200 grams of Brussels sprouts, 100 grams of canned beans, pour 2 more tablespoons of water (in which the beans were cooked), continue to simmer (5 minutes).
- Sprinkle the finished dish with any chopped herbs and serve hot.
Potatoes with a filling. Step by step recipe
- Defrost 250 grams of frozen chanterelles (or any other forest mushrooms), cut into small pieces and fry in sunflower oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel 500 grams of potato and make deep cuts on each potato (but we do not cut it to the end). We spread prepared mushrooms into cuts on the potatoes.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil, put our potatoes on it, grease with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover also with foil. We put in the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Preparing the sauce: 100 grams of lean mayonnaise mixed with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of orange juice, half a teaspoon of curry and beat with a whisk.
- Remove the foil from the baked potato, pour it with sauce and bake for another 5 minutes.
- We spread in portioned plates on lettuce leaves.
Potato peasant. Step by step recipe
- Soak 100 grams of dried boletus mushrooms for one hour in cold water, then boil for 40 minutes and cut into small pieces.
- 2 onions cut into half rings.
- Peel the carrots (one piece) and cut into strips.
- We cut one red bell pepper into squares (do not forget to remove the stalk and seeds).
- In a vegetable oil in a frying pan, first fry the onions and carrots, then add the boletus and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Put pepper in a pan, salt and pepper to taste, fry for 8 minutes.
- Fry 700 grams of sliced potatoes for 10 minutes in another pan.
- We wash and chop 300 grams of pickled butter (if you take a jar of small oils, you won’t have to cut it). Mix them with vegetables, put in a pan to potatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Decorate the finished dish with sprigs of greenery (I take dill).
Main dishes for Lent are very fast and simple. Your family will be tasty and satisfying fed - and this is the most important thing. Lenten meals are very nutritious and rich in vitamins: they give a charge of vivacity for the whole day. To prepare a full meal, you just need to go to our site “I like to cook” and pick up recipes for first courses and desserts: so that meals in Lent are not a burden.