Souvlaki - a delicious piece of meat in a unique marinade, served with vegetables and fries on the island of Cyprus. Souvlaki is a national or rather a favorite dish of Cypriots, which is prepared in every family, tavern or expensive restaurant. And the roots of its origin go far into historical Greece. Having prepared amazingly tasty meat, you can feel yourself in Cyprus, feel all the charm and color of this incredibly beautiful and fabulously beckoning island.
- meat (pork or lamb).
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- dried oregano - 2 tablespoons;
- ground caraway seeds - 0.5 teaspoon;
- chili pepper - 0.5 teaspoon;
- paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- garlic - 1 clove;
Souvlaki. Step by step recipe
- Dice the meat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Rub pieces of meat with marinade and leave to marinate for 1.5-2 hours.
- String meat on skewers or skewers and fry over an open fire. At home, you can use the grill pan.
- Serve souvlaki with grilled vegetables, fresh bread, french fries.
The whole uniqueness of cooking souvlaki lies in the marinade, which absolutely harmoniously combines spicy herbs and spices. Try to cook this divinely delicious dish, and feel like real inhabitants of the island of Cyprus! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try to cook a dish of Mexican cuisine: meat "Santa Fe" and goulash in Hungarian.