Idaho spicy potatoes appeared almost simultaneously with french fries and chips. Young potatoes are baked in a peel: so it turns out more delicious and fragrant. A potato dish gained great popularity when they guessed to cut whole potatoes into slices: this way it is better saturated with the aromas of spices and herbs. And let the potato in Russia took root not so long ago, but it became simply irreplaceable and received a proud title: the second bread.
- one kilogram (preferably young) potato;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- one tablespoon of ground sweet paprika;
- a teaspoon of provencal herbs;
- salt to taste;
- sunflower oil - to taste;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- greens - one bunch;
- 0.5 pods of hot pepper.
Piquant Idaho Potatoes. Step by step recipe
- Thoroughly wash the young potatoes (we don’t peel the peel), divide into four parts.
- We put the potatoes in a pan, add a little salt, fill with water and cook after boiling for 10 minutes: until half ready.
- We are preparing a spicy dressing. Finely chop the greens (I have dill, but you can use parsley), put in a bowl.
- In hot pepper, remove seeds and stalk, chop as small as possible, put in a bowl with herbs.
- In the same bowl, add the garlic passed through the press (or grated on a fine grater).
- Sprinkle with Provencal herbs, sweet paprika, black pepper. Fill with sunflower oil (adjust its amount to your taste), mix thoroughly.
- Drain the water from the potato and put it upside down in a heat-resistant form.
- Pour potato with a spicy mixture, add salt.
- We put the form with Idaho potatoes in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 20 minutes.
- Put the finished potatoes on a dish, serve with your favorite sauce and fresh vegetables.
Serve spicy Idaho potatoes with tomato sauce, spicy ketchup, lecho, fresh vegetables and salads. If the dish is not too sharp (the sharpness can be adjusted independently), homemade milk will be wonderful for it. Homemade potatoes according to this recipe will perfectly replace harmful chips, and will also be an excellent side dish for any meat. You can also take it with you for a picnic - the choice is only yours. In the season of young potatoes, we have prepared for you many recipes for dishes from it on our site "Very tasty."