Well, what about the New Year without salted herring? But often we see it on a table or in a salad “under a fur coat” or just under onion rings, so today for readers “Very tasty” I offer new non-trivial options for serving stuffed herring, which is not only very tasty, but also unusually beautiful.
- large salted herring - 1 piece;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- red bell pepper - 1/2 pieces;
- processed cheese - 50 grams;
- butter - 30 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- greens to taste.
Stuffed herring. Step by step recipe
- We clean the herring from the insides, skins and stones, cut into two halves.
- From each half we cut a little pulp so that the fish fillet becomes 5 millimeters thick.
- Grind the herring fillet that we cut. Cut the carrots, half the bell pepper and egg into a small dice.
- Chop greens.
- Stir the chopped fillet, egg, pepper, carrot and greens in a bowl.
- Pour with melted butter, and toss into the mixture shabby cream cheese.
- On a cling film greased with oil, put half of the herring, put our filling on it.
- Cover with the other half of herring and tightly wrap in a film.
- Send in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Get rid of the film, cut, beautifully put on a plate.
Herring stuffed video
Than only herring is not stuffed: cheese, red pepper, cucumber and even beets! We offer a video recipe for a festive herring with pickles. According to the author, this appetizer will look wonderful on the New Year’s menu.
- slightly salted herring 2 pcs;
- carrots 1 pc;
- boiled egg 2 pcs;
- salted cucumber 1 pc;
- 1 processed cheese (salad, Orbit)
- 35 gr mayonnaise
- 50 grams of butter
- fresh herbs (onion, parsley, dill)
- salt, pepper, herbs (to taste).
Stuffed herring No. 2. Step by step recipe
- We put the processed cheese in the freezer during the preparation of the main products, it will be easier to work with a little frozen.
- We make herring fillet, cut the back a little and cut it into small cubes, add to the bowl.
- Cut pickles, carrots and 2 boiled eggs into small cubes.
- Add parsley, dill, onion.
- We take out the processed cheese from the freezer and grate, add to the total mass.
- We also add soft butter, a little mayonnaise, and mix the whole mass well. Herring filling is ready.
- We take the cling film, grease it with sunflower oil where you put the fillet, put half the filling on this mass.
- Put the second filet on the filling.
- Gently and tightly wrap the herring in cling film.
- We send in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- We take it out of the refrigerator, remove the cling film, cut it into portions and serve it.
Video provided by Natasha Parkhomenko
The appetizer “stuffed herring” will become an adornment of any celebration and will give positive emotions thanks to its unusual and outstanding appearance. We hope you enjoyed our recipes and you are sure to prepare this dish for the New Year celebration. Cook the New Year's herring more often!