How much good fish is for us and our children. Therefore, I often cook it for my loved ones. Today I want to talk about stuffed pike, my family simply adores her. And share my secret that I learned for myself in the process of preparing it. The fish is tender, juicy, not over-dried - you will lick your fingers!
- large pike - 1.5-2 kilograms;
- onions - 1-2 pieces;
- loaf - 2 slices;
- butter - 70-100 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- egg - 1 piece;
- milk or water for soaking bread - 150-200 grams;
- salt, ground pepper - to taste;
- sour cream or mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons.
- onion - 1 piece
- carrots - 1 piece;
- bay leaves, dill, salt, peppercorns - to taste
Stuffed pike. Step by step recipe.
- To clean and gut the fish as follows: cut off the head and take out the insides, without making cuts anywhere else.
- To beat off along the entire length on both sides with a kitchen hammer or rolling pin, so that the skin is easily separated from the carcass. Gently remove it from top to bottom, if necessary, help with a knife. Separate meat from bones.
- Make mincemeat: twist fish meat, onions, soaked loaf in milk, add soft butter and sunflower oil, egg, salt and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Fill the skin with our minced meat and sew the hole with thread.
- Put the broth, toss in vegetables (onions, carrots), bones and fish head and put our stuffed pike on top and cook for 30 minutes from the moment of full boiling. But there is one more nuance: first we fill the pan with water not completely; as soon as the fish begins to boil for the first time, then immediately pour a glass of cold raw water. Do not forget to salt the broth, add herbs and spices.
- We take out the fish, grease with sour cream or mayonnaise, optionally sprinkle with breadcrumbs, put another 15-20 minutes in the oven, heated to 180-200 degrees, and bake.
- Cut into portioned slices and serve after cooling completely, after about 2-3 hours.
- We still have a delicious rich broth, it is perfect for fish soup or just choke at dinner - yummy!
Due to the fact that the stuffed pike was cooked, it turns out juicy and soft, and the oven bakes the crust and enriches it with aroma, this makes the fish even tastier.
Since I often prepare dietary dishes for my baby, I also make it jellied by this principle, I cook only a little more - it also turns out very tasty. I recommend to try it! "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking fish in cheese batter and festive fish.