Tatar steak is a raw food product made from minced meat. A spicy meat dish that you will certainly enjoy, and it will only take you 5 minutes to cook it. The history of this recipe goes back to the distant XVII century. He was brought to Europe from Ukraine. The French officer, who served as a mercenary in Ukraine, spied the preparation of a Tartar steak in the soldiers of the army of the Commonwealth. Whether this recipe really belongs to Tatar cuisine is not known for sure, however it is customary to call it that way. The Tatar Beef steak recipe brought to France by Boplan is significantly different from the current variation, but believe me, this is for the better.
- 250 grams of beef;
- 5 gherkins;
- 1 teaspoon of capers;
- 1/2 pieces of red onion;
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard;
- ¼ teaspoon pepper mixture;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 2 eggs;
- salt, pepper to taste.
Tatar beef steak. Step by step recipe
- Chopped meat from the hymen and fat deposits, chop into small straws.
- Grind the gherkins, capers and chop the onion, add to the meat and mix well.
- Season the meat mixture with mustard, oil, salt and pepper. Mix with 1 egg.
- We spread it on the dish with the help of a garnish ring, place the egg in the center.
- We serve to the table.
As a side dish, rye bread crackers are suitable for this interesting dish. Try this spicy dish, and you will certainly become a supporter of raw food cuisine. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cooking classic English roast beef and pickled meat in the oven.