Very hearty, tasty and tender potatoes in bacon will not be difficult and trouble to cook for a warm family dinner. Sometimes we all want to diversify potato dishes and serve something tasty and fragrant to our family. Our recipe for potatoes with bacon in the oven is fast enough to cook. I have met many cooking options for this dish. There are recipes in which it is recommended to use raw peeled potatoes, or boil potatoes without a peel. But I prefer to boil it beforehand in its uniform until ready - then it will go great in the oven, and the bacon will remain juicy.
- medium-sized potatoes - one kilogram;
- smoked bacon - three hundred grams;
- sour cream 22% - one hundred grams;
- mayonnaise sauce - two tablespoons;
- parsley or dill - a bunch (you can mix);
- salt, pepper - to your taste;
- garlic - three cloves.
Tender bacon potatoes. Step by step recipe
- Potato tubers must be washed and boiled in their skins until cooked. The main thing is not to digest: since then it will just fall apart and not keep in shape. When the potatoes are ready, carefully drain the hot water and fill it with cold water for a couple of minutes. Then we clean and transfer to the prepared bowl.
- Now you need to choose a container in which we will bake delicious potatoes with bacon. It is desirable that she has high sides: since we will put our potatoes in bacon vertically, and not put them on their sides. I have a deep glass form: it completely includes a kilogram of potatoes.
- Proceed to the smoked bacon. It should be cut into long rectangular slices. The height of the bacon should be the same as that of a potato: so that it can completely wrap it.
- Now prepare the sauce for the dish. We mix in a separate deep bowl sour cream, mayonnaise sauce, chopped herbs and chopped garlic. We taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Mix.
- How to cook home-made, simple and quick mayonnaise, you will find on our site "I love to cook."
- Now you need to dip each potato into the sauce and soak on all sides. A spoon will help you with this: most importantly, do not drop many pieces at once into a bowl, mixing in this way - they may break. After that, wrap each potato with a slice of bacon. With the help of a toothpick we fix and put in a prepared dish.
- The number of slices of bacon should match the number of potato tubers.
- Preheat the oven to 180 * C and bake potatoes in a sauce with bacon until browning - this is about 15-20 minutes.
I recommend serving potatoes with a light salad (a variety of simple and light seasonal salads can be found on our site “I like to cook”). A dish of potatoes with bacon is very nutritious and nutritious: cook it according to our recipe - and you will succeed. “I love cooking” wishes good luck in the kitchen and bon appetit!