For outdoor enthusiasts, as well as for all other gourmets, I recommend preparing an original dish: the awesome meat bombs “Cipollino” in an onion shell. A rich, interesting and very juicy filling in tandem with an unusual “packaging” of onions and bacon - the unique look and taste of a wonderful dish immediately attracts attention. The unique recipe for minced meat from mushrooms and meat is quite universal: it can be used to cook meatballs and use in casseroles.
- 3 large onion heads;
- 500 grams of ground beef;
- 200 grams of bacon (a packet with bacon cut into strips);
- 0.5 bunch of parsley;
- 200 fresh mushrooms (champignons);
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- salt and black pepper - to taste;
- 1 teaspoon of Worcester (traditional English cuisine sauce) - optional;
- 0.3 cup breadcrumbs.
Awesome meat bombs "Cipollino" in an onion shell. Step by step recipe
- Before starting cooking, turn on the oven 200 degrees: let it heat.
- We cut the onions from two sides, cut them in half, and peel them.
- We remove the upper, largest parts for the decoration of Chipollino cutlets (we will need 10 blanks for 5 cutlets).
- Finely chop the remaining part from 1.5 onions: for the filling - so the stuffing will be more juicy.
- Add the onion to the prepared ground beef.
- We cut the washed champignons into the smallest cubes and send them into a bowl with minced meat.
- Finely chop the parsley (according to the recipe) and add it to the filling.
- Salt and pepper to taste, pour 0.3 cups of breadcrumbs and pour a little water (so that the filling is more juicy). Ideally, the filling for meat bombs should be dense, but juicy. You can beat the mince a little: for compaction.
- Add ketchup and soy sauce for the meat and mushroom filling. Mix again.
- We form a bomb from the minced meat, place it between the two halves of the onion. We remove excess meat.
- Tip. If minced meat remains, you can make more bombs, fry cutlets, or start a potato casserole.
- We wrap each onion bomb with two strips of bacon: along and across.
- We spread the meat bombs with mushrooms in a heat-resistant form and put in a preheated oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
Sprinkle the prepared onion bombs of Cipollino with green parsley and serve with barbecue sauce (or another, to your taste). Juicy, incredibly tasty, original cutlets of meat and mushrooms can be baked not only in the oven, but also grilled on the barbecue, relaxing in nature. Original recipes of various dishes are waiting for you on the site “Very tasty”. Enjoy your meal.