I love baked vegetables and dishes from them, and one of my favorite recipes: the best eggplant with smoke. Eggplant with smoke is so aromatic that you immediately remember the summer, with its smells of fire. And dishes made from baked eggplant are not only very tasty, fragrant and beautiful - but also insanely healthy. They look very nice both at a simple family dinner and at a festive dinner: such a yummy catches the eye. Everyone will want to try it right away, so it’s better to cook a larger portion: otherwise all of a sudden?
- 2 medium-sized young eggplants
- sprigs of cilantro or parsley - for decoration;
- a pinch of coarse salt;
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
The best eggplant with smoke. Step by step recipe
- My eggplants, dry, wrap each very tightly in foil, making several layers.
- Bake over an open fire, turning over periodically, for about 15 minutes.
- We do this so that the eggplant has a haze aroma, exactly the same as at the stake.
- We check readiness with forceps: they must be soft. Turn off the fire.
- We shift the finished eggplant to the board and remove the foil.
- We remove the stalk and peel.
- We spread it on a dish, knead with a spoon. Garnish with parsley and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt, pour over olive oil.
- The finished dish is served on the table.
Baked eggplant can make a delicious, delicate salad.
- We bake three eggplants in the same way as in the previous recipe.
- Cut the stalks and peel.
- Peeled eggplant very finely chopped and transferred to a dish.
- Add to them four cloves of chopped garlic, half a teaspoon of salt and the same amount of ground black pepper.
- Grind less than half a bunch of greens (cilantro or dill) and send to the salad.
- Mix and season with mayonnaise (180 grams).
- We spread it in a beautiful salad bowl, decorate with green sprigs of parsley (around the circumference) and serve.
Emma's grandmother's eggplant with smoke is incredibly delicious and very healthy. Having shown imagination, you can cook on their basis many more original dishes. The site "I like to cook" wishes you bon appetit and summer mood.