The best meatloaf: the perfect cold appetizer for the feast - and an unusually delicious hot meal. Pork roll with dried apricots - delicious cuts on the festive table. So many options for serving just one, but very tasty and original dish - meat appetizer from pork with dried apricots. Intrigued? I will gladly tell you how to cook pork roll for the holiday.
- 500 grams of pork (or chicken breast fillet);
- 400 grams of minced poultry (chicken or turkey);
- 1 head of onion (approximately 150 grams);
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tablespoon semolina;
- 8-10 pieces of dried apricots or dried apricot;
- salt, pepper, herbs of Provence, paprika, red hot pepper, spices for meat (any) - to taste;
- vegetable oil to lubricate the mold.
The best meatloaf for the holiday. Step by step recipe
- We cut the pork into medallions, and beat each one into a very thin layer.
- Tip. Before you start to beat the meat, cover it with cling film (but you can also use a regular plastic bag), so the pieces of meat will not fly apart.
- Forcemeat poultry (I prefer turkey, it is more tender and juicy than chicken) put in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onion and chopped garlic to the minced meat.
- Pour semolina, salt, Provence herbs and black pepper. Mix well.
- Tip. You can add any spices to your mince to your taste. And be careful: minced meat should not be fresh, salt should be enough.
- From the pieces of chopped pork we lay out a rectangle (we put them overlap, on top of each other).
- Salt the meat, pepper and sprinkle with a mixture of spices for meat.
- We lay dried apricots on the meat in random order.
- Tip. If you use dried apricots to prepare meatloaf, then rinse it first and soak it in water (let it swell).
- We spread the minced chicken and with a spatula carefully level it over the entire surface of the meat.
- We turn the meatloaf, tie it with threads.
- Sprinkle pork roll with dried fruit on all sides with paprika and red hot pepper.
- We grease the form with vegetable oil and put the roll in it.
- Cover with foil and send to the oven preheated to 200 degrees for 45 minutes. After this time, remove the foil and leave the meatloaf in the oven for another 15-20 minutes - until it turns red.
A beautiful rouge roll can be served on the table both hot and cold. For hot serving: remove the threads, cut and put on the table. For cold serving: without removing from the mold, wait for complete cooling, remove the threads - and serve on the table as a snack. If you need a delicious cut, then we leave the cooled meat and dried fruit roll in the refrigerator for several hours, and then cut into thin, beautiful slices. The Very Delicious website is ready to offer you other recipes for delicious and original holiday dishes.