Fragrant and bright, the best rice casserole, with wild mushrooms and vegetables: good as a full meal for lunch or dinner, goes well with fresh herbs, salad or sauce. Juicy, nutritious and extremely tasty - this casserole with meat and mushrooms can decorate any table and become its main dish. According to an ancient Chinese legend, rice is inaccessible to mere mortals, since it is the food of the Gods. Maybe that’s why it is tempting to touch the forbidden, but such a delicious miracle of cooking: a hearty meat casserole with rice “Thousand Islands”.
- 400 grams of long grain rice;
- 600 milliliters of water;
- 2 onions;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- 100 grams of any fresh mushrooms (I used forest, but you can use any others, at your discretion);
- 250 grams of meat (pulp of beef, lamb or poultry);
- 250 grams of chicken liver;
- 100 grams of vegetable oil (odorless);
- 50 grams of tomato paste;
- 4 fresh chicken eggs;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- a teaspoon of ground black pepper;
- 100 milliliters of cream (can be replaced with milk or broth).
The best casserole of the Thousand Islands. Step by step recipe
- Cook the casserole rice. Pour rice into the pan, pour cold water and cook over very low heat, under the lid, for 20 minutes. Then let the rice cool. You can cook rice in any way convenient for you.
- Making the filling. We clean and well wash the two heads of onions, very finely chopped. Fold in a separate bowl.
- Important: we lay out all prepared products separately, in different dishes.
- Grind three cloves of garlic (with a knife, through a press or on a fine grater).
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stalk, cut into small cubes (you can grate with large holes).
- We wash the mushrooms under running water, clean if necessary, and cut into small cubes.
- Pass the meat through a meat grinder or chop it very finely with a knife.
- Chicken liver cut into cubes or strips, sent to a bowl with meat.
- In a pan with a thick bottom and high sides (you can use a stewpan or a cauldron), we heat refined sunflower oil.
- Put the onion in the pan, fry until transparent.
- We send garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste to the onion. Mix well and simmer for several minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, mix again. Spread the meat and liver in the pan.
- Once again, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let the filling cool down a little and put the cooked rice into the pan.
- We beat the eggs (according to the recipe) into a clean bowl, slightly beat with a fork, salt and pepper (see the amount of salt and pepper in the ingredients).
- Add cream to the egg mixture (can be replaced with milk or broth), mix well with a fork.
- The resulting mixture is poured into a pan with rice and meat, mix.
- We shift everything into a greased baking sheet (I took a baking sheet measuring 20 by 20 centimeters).
- We bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes (since the technical characteristics of ovens are different, the baking time may vary).
Cut the prepared casserole with rice and mushrooms into portioned slices, put in a dish - serve with any sauce (to your taste) and fresh vegetables. The casserole cooked according to this recipe is very tender: it will certainly cheer you up with its aroma and unusual taste. On our site "Very Delicious" you will find other recipes for tasty, bright and easy to prepare casseroles. Enjoy your meal.