Dear friends, I want to share my mom’s signature recipe: the most delicious dumplings with cottage cheese. I have never met such delicious and tender dumplings. I only remember how in childhood my mother would put a hundred dumplings with cottage cheese for the weekend - then I and my brother asked all week to boil them with sour cream. Mom cooked them on a very tender and soft custard dough: on milk. I propose to start and cook these delicious dumplings with cottage cheese.
- milk - 500 milliliters;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - ⅓ teaspoons;
- flour - 750 grams (may need more or less);
- cottage cheese - 400 grams;
- sugar - 3 tablespoons;
- melted butter and sour cream for serving.
The most delicious dumplings with cheese. Step by step recipe
- We begin to prepare a delicious and tender custard dough in milk. To do this, drive two eggs, salt, sugar and 500 milliliters of milk into the pan. We take the pan, because then in it we will brew everything on the stove. With a whisk, mix everything thoroughly with a homogeneous consistency.
- Now, one spoonful, add the sifted flour. Make sure that no lumps form. Mix everything thoroughly. Bring our mass to consistency - like pancake dough.
- Now we put the pan on the stove and over medium heat until thickened, cook our choux pastry. Do not leave the stove, stir with a whisk without stopping. When you feel that the dough has thickened, remove it and transfer the pan to the work surface. If it turns out that there are small lumps in the test - do not worry, they will disperse when kneading.
- While the dough is still very liquid - mix it in a saucepan with a whisk. When it thickens, we transfer it to the work surface, where we will manually knead the choux pastry for dumplings.
- Since the dough is very sticky, kneading it with your hands is unrealistic - you need to pour a hill of flour on the table, lay out the dough, sprinkle flour with it on top. And at the first stage, select the density of the test. The dough will be very warm, but not scorching. Therefore, kneading it is nice: it is very lively.
- When the dough becomes thick enough, we begin to add flour in very small portions. Until the moment we get a smooth, soft and non-sticky dough.
- You can also check how well your dough is kneading. To do this, put it on a clean table and press firmly - the dough should not stick to either the table or the hands. Also cut a piece of dough and look at the slice: it should be uniform. The dough should be well cut and not reach for the knife blade.
- Now we collect the dough, round it, cover it and leave it to rest for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, we will prepare the curd filling. I do not recommend preparing it in advance, as it will become wet. It is collected immediately before modeling the dumplings. Curd, preferably dry. If you have a very wet cottage cheese - on the eve, throw it on cheesecloth. I prefer to add only sugar to the curd. So my mother did - and it was very gentle. But you can add both egg and sour cream: the main thing is to watch so that the filling is not liquid.
- I really like to cook dumplings, dumplings, manti with custard dough. Because the paste is able to retain more moisture than flour, and therefore the dough turns out wetter - but at the same time it holds its shape, is viscous and rolls out perfectly. Such a dough can be cooked, baked, fried - do whatever you want.
- The dough has stood, you can begin to roll and sculpt dumplings stuffed with cottage cheese. Roll out a small piece of dough to a thin layer.
- Using a glass or mug, cut out circles from the dough (the size of the dumplings). The remainder of the dough is collected and removed to the side.
- Now for each circle (in the middle) we spread a little curd filling. Then we take and sculpt dumplings: in the most usual way. Just take and connect the edges. Then we bend the first extreme corner at an angle and then bend the second one at the same angle? And so, with an overlap, along the entire length. In such a simple way we get a beautiful pigtail on a dumpling. The dough is very malleable and very easy to mold. We make sure that the curd does not fall on the connection between the edges of the dough, help ourselves with a finger and slightly deepen the curd into the middle of the dumpling. In this way we sculpt all the other dumplings.
- Part of the dumplings can be put in bags and put into the freezer. So you will always have a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Next, to boil them, we collect a pan of water, put on fire, salt. When the water boils, do not turn down the fire, but carefully throw the dumplings into the pan. Take a slotted spoon and stir so that they do not hit the bottom. And when all the dumplings go up (pop up) let them cook for 2 minutes. And you can take it out with a slotted spoon.
It will be awesome if you serve dumplings with cottage cheese with sour cream, pouring melted butter on it. Hot, with a thin layer of dough and tasty and tender filling - dumplings will not leave anyone indifferent. What could be tastier than the dumplings you made yourself? They are incomparable with the factory ones: delicate and very tasty. “I love to cook” is always with you and wishes you bon appetit!