The most delicious kebab is Georgian, and the best marinade for barbecue is ours! We’ll prepare marinade for barbecue according to our recipe: the meat will become aromatic, soft and will simply “melt in the mouth”. And your guests cannot be pulled by such kebabs. Kebab marinated according to this recipe will become a true royal dish at any picnic.
- pork meat - 2.5 kilograms;
- onions - 4 large pieces;
- lemon - half;
- kefir - 1 cup;
- spices for barbecue;
- ground black pepper;
- red hot ground pepper.
The most delicious barbecue marinade. Step by step recipe
- Of course, for the preparation of barbecue it is very important to choose the right piece of meat. For a tasty, juicy kebab, it is better to take a balyk - or as the people say "neck". It is this part of the carcass that is moderately fleshy, but oily enough, which gives the cooked kebab a juiciness.
Tip. For barbecue you need to take fresh meat, preferably not frozen, but not fresh. Fresh meat should have a light shade (slightly pinkish), glossy shine, uniform structure. It should be resilient (unlike defrosted) - this can be checked by pressing a little with your finger. Also, the freshness of meat can be determined by smell. If the meat smells, has a pungent odor - never take it. When buying meat for barbecue, I recommend taking a whole piece - it is better to cut it later.
- So, cut the meat into pieces, about 70-100 grams each. Try to cut the meat, if possible, across the fibers.
- Grate one onion or grind in a blender so that the onion puts a lot of juice. And small pieces of onion stick well to the meat and will not allow it to burn during frying.
- The rest of the onions are cut into rings and knead with hands.
- Then we shift the onions into a bowl of meat.
- We sprinkle meat and onions with spices. It is spices that add a touch of taste to the kebab marinade. First of all, you need to take dried herbs, coriander, mustard powder, dried garlic and horseradish, basil, marjoram and thyme.
- Very important for the preparation of marinade to barbecue pepper. Red ground and black pepper are suitable here.
- By the way, before you grind black pepper, you need to warm it up a little in a dry frying pan. Then it will better reveal its taste and aromatic qualities. I also recommend that you do not grind the peppercorns into dust with a coffee grinder, but beat them with a rolling pin or cover with a pestle in a mortar. .
- Be sure that the composition of the spices should include a bay leaf, which has a strong pleasant smell, and the dishes in which it is used become very fragrant and fragrant. All these spices affect not only taste, but also increase appetite and help improve digestion. And they perfectly fight harmful bacteria in the body.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the meat. It helps the meat fibers become softer. If there is no lemon juice, it can be replaced with a tablespoon of vinegar, but only natural: for example, wine or balsamic.
- And now we add the secret ingredient, which will make marinade for barbecue unique delicious, fragrant, very soft and juicy - add kefir.
Tip. Kefir for marinade should be a little sour, but, in no case, not bitter, and not have a spoiled smell.
- There are a lot of different recipes for barbecue, but any of them necessarily includes acid. It can be wine or wine vinegar; juices from sour fruits or berries: for example, apple, cherry, cranberry, pomegranate juice. Many pickle barbecue in mayonnaise or sour cream. A great addition to the barbecue marinade will be tomatoes and tomato juice. Acid effectively softens and loosens meat, helps to accelerate its preparation. And also, for special gourmets, alcohol is added to the barbecue: it also makes the meat soft and tender.
- When all the ingredients for the marinade are added to the bowl of meat, mix everything by hand. In the process of mixing, the meat needs to be slightly crushed to soften the fibers and “drive” spices into each piece. The marinade should envelop the meat from all sides. Only in this way you will get a wonderful, delicious kebab.
- After all the physical processes over the meat, cover the semi-finished product for barbecue. Then we send our barbecue in a super marinade for at least 12 hours (or even better for a day) in the refrigerator. Each marinade ingredient should “make friends” with each other, and the meat should absorb all the juices and tastes from spices and seasonings.
- From time to time, the meat in the marinade needs to be mixed. It is very important not to marinate the kebab in an aluminum pan, since the marinade contains acid, and aluminum will oxidize.
This light marinade is suitable for any kind of meat: pork, beef, turkey poultry, chicken and even white fish barbecue: for example, from catfish.
Cook with our site “I love to cook” and you will become the queen in the kitchen, and your dishes - a masterpiece on the table.