Today we will prepare the most delicious khanum: steamed meat roll. Khanum is a dish that is very similar to manti, it belongs to the oriental cuisine: it is Uzbek, Tajik, Kazakh. Khanum is also called "lazy manti", and the filling can be very diverse. As you already understood, steamed meatloaf will be prepared. Steamed dishes are always healthier, since all the healthy vitamins and minerals are preserved: making them much easier and faster. You can easily prepare such a dish of oriental cuisine at home. The most delicious meatloaf will decorate the festive table, and guests will be full and satisfied. Let's start cooking.
For the filling we need:
- minced pork and beef - 500 grams;
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- potatoes - 2 pieces;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- water - 0.25 part of a glass;
- salt, red and black pepper to taste
For the test we need:
- water - 0.5 part of a glass;
- flour - 500 grams;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - for lubrication of raw and finished dough
The most delicious khanum: steamed meat roll. Step by step recipe
Let's start by making the dough.
- Prepare a deep bowl: sift the flour into it. We make a recess in the center.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, half a glass of water and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- First, knead the dough with a spoon, and then pour the flour on the table and knead the dough with your hands.
- You need to knead for about seven minutes: then it will turn out elastic and soft.
- After the dough is well kneaded, we wrap it in cling film and leave it on the table.
- We pass to the filling. Prepare minced pork and ground beef. The meat can be twisted in a meat grinder, chopped into small pieces with a knife, or use a combine harvester.
- We clean and wash the onion, cut it into small cubes.
- We also wash the carrots and rub on a coarse grater.
- Mix the pork and beef with onions and carrots.
- Add salt, red pepper and ground black pepper, water. Mix again with your hands.
- We pass to the potato. We clean it, wash it and three on a coarse grater. Can be cut into small strips.
- Grated potatoes spread on a separate plate. Do not salt the potatoes: since it already gives juice very quickly.
- We take the dough, cut a small piece, sprinkle the table with flour and roll the dough into a rectangle: as thin as possible. The remaining dough is wrapped again in a film and left.
- Now we need to melt the butter. And grease the surface of the rolled dough with this oil.
- We wet our hands with water and lay the minced meat on top with a thin layer. From one edge we leave a place without filling: about 5 cm.
- On the minced meat with the same thin layer we lay the grated potatoes. Salt it.
- We wrap khanum with meat from the edge with the filling. And pinch on both sides of the edge.
- Prepare the form: lubricate it with vegetable oil. We put the formed khanum on the form.
- We do the same with the remaining dough and minced meat. It turns out about three rolls.
- We put the mold on a pot of boiling water, and cook for a couple of forty minutes - with the lid closed.
After 40 minutes, the most delicious khanum: steamed meat roll - ready! Lay on a plate. Immediately lubricate with pre-melted butter. While the dish is hot, cut the khanum into small pieces. Sprinkle with herbs! You can serve such a dish with any sauce. An easy-to-cook oriental dish turned out to be very tasty, delicate, aromatic, with a juicy filling. If you want to learn more interesting and useful recipes, go to the site “Very tasty”. Enjoy your meal!