An ancient French dish: the most delicious potato “Dauphine”, baked in the oven - got its name from the Dauphine region, where the legitimate heirs to the throne lived. Potatoes baked according to this recipe came to the royal table from the kitchen of the poor. It was they who, unable to fry the potatoes, learned to simmer it in the oven with the addition of milk or cream. The spicy dish with a golden brown crust turned out to be so delicious that it migrated to the table of the royal people. And the unique taste and aroma of baked potatoes gives garlic, cheese and spices, combined with a creamy taste.
- 1 kilogram of potatoes;
- 1 cup cream of 10% fat;
- 1 fresh chicken egg;
- 1 pinch of nutmeg;
- 100 grams of hard cheese;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 80 grams of butter;
- 2-3 feathers of green onions;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- ⅛ teaspoon black ground pepper.
The most delicious potato "Dauphine" in the oven in French. Step by step recipe
- Soft butter (get it in advance and allow time to lie at room temperature) is mixed with a clove of garlic, passed through a press. Mix well and grease the baking dish with this oil (I have a ceramic heat-resistant rectangular shape).
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into circles 2 mm thick.
- In a separate bowl we grate hard cheese on a coarse grater.
- Half the cheese is mixed with a raw egg, a glass of cream and a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper (according to the recipe). Mix well.
- Tip. The best creams are those that you have prepared yourself. You can look at the recipe for cream of any fat content on our website “Very Delicious”.
- We lay out the prepared chopped potatoes beautifully in a mold, fill with a cheese and milk mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining Dauphine potatoes with the remaining cheese.
- We preheat the oven to 200 degrees and send the form with potatoes into it. We will bake for 40 minutes (approximately: it all depends on the characteristics of your oven specifically). Readiness is checked by a match or a toothpick.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese on top with green onions and serve.
French fries in the oven can be prepared not only for dinner: the dish is so beautiful that it will look great on the festive table. We prepared a wonderful side dish for meat dishes and meat in just a few minutes (not counting the baking time). Baked potatoes go well with pickles, sauerkraut and vegetable salads. Potato “Dauphine” is tasty, bright and fragrant. The appetite team wishes you bon appétit: stay with us.