Want to cook a delicious dinner or lunch without the hassle and complicated culinary processes? The most delicious chicken in the oven with potatoes in a rustic way - then, you will be interested in the recipe for its preparation. The chicken turns out very rosy, crispy - and at the same time tender and juicy inside. And potatoes in a rustic way are generally dead: fragrant, with a golden crust. It remains to cut the vegetables - and the dinner party is ready!
- chicken carcass - one piece;
- sunflower oil - 70 milliliters;
- salt - one teaspoon;
- garlic (powder can be used) - 4 cloves;
- mustard - one teaspoon;
- paprika - one teaspoon;
- dried rosemary - one teaspoon.
- potato tubers - 1 kilogram;
- paprika - one teaspoon;
- marjoram - a quarter of a teaspoon;
- turmeric - half a teaspoon;
- ground coriander - half a teaspoon;
- dried garlic - one teaspoon;
- sunflower oil - 50 milliliters;
- salt, black pepper - to your liking.
The most delicious chicken in the oven with potatoes in a rustic way. Step by step recipe
- To make the chicken fried in the oven very tasty, it must first be marinated.
- Therefore, the first thing we do is prepare the marinade.
- In a convenient bowl, send a teaspoon of paprika. Paprika gives the finished dish an appetizing beautiful color.
- Grind the dried rosemary in a mortar and also send in a bowl with paprika.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and mustard. Mustard can be used dry (mustard powder) or ready to eat.
- Peel the garlic, squeeze it through a press or chop it very finely and send it to a bowl.
- Add vegetable (I use sunflower) oil and mix well until smooth. The marinade is ready.
- Now we will pickle the whole chicken.
- We put the chicken on a baking sheet and very well lubricate it with marinade. We try not to miss a single place - we do it outside and inside.
- In order for the chicken to look compact and not lose its juiciness during the frying process, you need to tie its legs together with twine (a small rope).
- Leave the chicken to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- In the meantime, we’ll do the cooking of country-style potatoes in the oven. It is best to start preparing potatoes closer to the time of chicken baking.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them well and cut them into slices (I cut one tuber into 6-8 slices).
- We take a baking dish (medium size), line its bottom with parchment paper so that there are still free edges of the paper.
- We spread the potatoes in the middle.
- Sprinkle it evenly with paprika, turmeric, ground coriander, dried garlic and marjoram.
- Add salt to your taste, add a little black pepper.
- Mix potatoes with spices well with your hands.
- Pour with vegetable oil and mix again.
- Now carefully wrap the potatoes in parchment. You can also use baking foil or a sleeve for baking potatoes in a rustic way in the oven.
- Tip: in this way you can prepare potatoes and chicken in advance, and put in the oven to bake immediately before serving.
- We heat the oven to a temperature of 180 degrees: this temperature will be enough for baking a whole chicken and potatoes.
- We take out the baking tray with the chicken and wrap its wings and the tips of the thighs in foil so that they do not burn and do not dry out during the baking process.
- We send the baking sheet with chicken into the oven for 90 minutes. Chicken baking times may vary depending on the size of the carcass and the technical specifications of your oven.
- Periodically pour chicken on top of the juice that stands out from it and will be at the bottom of the baking sheet: so the chicken turns out to be juicy, and it will have a delicious golden crust.
- After 40-45 minutes, send to the oven and a baking sheet with potatoes and herbs.
- For 0 minutes, bake the potatoes in a rustic way in a closed form (wrapped in parchment) so that it bakes well inside and is not hard, and then we open the paper and let the potatoes lightly brown for 10-15 minutes.
- We shift the finished chicken to a wide dish, remove the twine (with which the legs were tied), and spread our potatoes around it.
- If you wish, you can sprinkle potatoes in a rustic style with finely chopped dill (or other herbs).
Serve hot oven-baked chicken and potatoes in the oven: along with your favorite vegetable salad. You can also serve ketchup, mustard or any other sauce to your taste to this dish. Be sure to cook fried chicken at home: I'm sure you will like the recipe very much. The team of the site “Very tasty” wishes you a pleasant appetite.