When the early vegetable season begins, I prepare the most delicious young cabbage appetizer. A very delicate, mouth-watering dish of young juicy cabbage, which is surrounded by a delicious egg batter. This appetizer can be easily and quickly prepared: in addition, the cabbage schnitzel cooked in a pan is not a financially expensive dish. Everyone who tastes it will enjoy the tasting of such a vegetable snack.
- young cabbage - 500 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- flour - 6 tablespoons;
- milk - 4 tablespoons;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- ground black pepper to taste.
The most delicious snack of young cabbage. Step by step recipe
- Beat the chicken eggs with a whisk, add some salt, season with black ground pepper. You can season with any aromatic herbs: for example, oregano or tarragon.
- Add milk to the eggs and mix well.
- Tip. You can add finely chopped dill greens and green onion feathers to the mixture to the eggs: they will give the dish a pleasant spring aroma.
- We wash the forks of young cabbage well, dry them and cut them first across and then into pieces: about one centimeter thick.
- Tip. You need to cut the cabbage so that each leaf is fixed on the stalk: otherwise the leaves will fall apart. For cooking snacks from cabbage and eggs, it is better to use a young vegetable: it cooks faster than the old one.
- We wrap each piece in flour, and then dip it liberally in the egg-milk mixture.
- Pour vegetable oil into a preheated pan: when it warms up well, put our schnitzel from young cabbage to fry.
- You can pour a little egg mixture on top to soak it between the leaves of cabbage.
- Fry the cabbage schnitzel in a pan, on both sides until golden brown.
- We spread it on a dense paper towel: in order to stack excess fat.
Serve this dish hot. Tomato or garlic sauce is good for such an appetizer, for which you need to peel a couple of garlic cloves, squeeze through a press and mix with several tablespoons of sour cream. Salt and pepper the sauce. You can also add young dill. Serve the sauce in a gravy boat. Cabbage schnitzel can be served as a snack, or can be used as a side dish for meat dishes: for example, meatballs or chop. Cook with our site “Delicious”: and delight your loved ones with new recipes for delicious dishes.