In my family everyone loves liver dishes, there are many recipes for its preparation, all interesting, but today I decided to cook the most tender liver in Stroganov’s style for dinner. The recipe for cooking the liver captivated me with its simplicity: in just a few minutes it turns out a very tasty, juicy, aromatic dish. The Stroganov's liver is unusually soft, each piece simply melts in the mouth: nor do we subject it to long heat treatment.
- 500 grams of beef liver (you can use pork liver);
- 150 grams of sour cream;
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce (or 1 tablespoon of tomato paste + a quarter cup of water);
- 2 onions;
- 1.5 tablespoons of any starch;
- 1.5 tablespoons of honey (not spicy) mustard;
- 25 grams of butter;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2 leaves of lavrushka;
- salt and pepper - to taste;
- 2 tablespoons of greens (parsley, dill or spring onions).
The most tender liver in Stroganov’s way. Step by step recipe
- We clean the beef liver from the films, cut into medium-sized pieces, put it in a bowl or baking dish. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip. If the beef liver is light, then it is from a young animal. If dark, then such a liver will be stiff, and it must first be soaked in milk.
- Sprinkle the prepared liver with starch (both corn and potato are suitable), mix with a spatula.
- Chop onion finely.
- We will cook immediately in two pans: fry the liver on one, and onion on the other. We need the pans to heat up well.
- In a pan for frying the liver, put a piece of butter (25 grams) and pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and pour only one tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan for onion sauteing.
- We spread the liver in a pan in one layer, fry for 2-2.5 minutes on one side and turn over.
- In the second pan, fry the onion until golden brown.
- When the liver is fried on both sides, pour the fried onions into it and add the bay leaf.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, tomato sauce and honey (sweet) mustard. Hot mustard will not work. Mix the resulting sauce.
- Pour the liver with sour cream sauce and mix well. Bring the liver and sauce to a boil, wait 2-3 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Try it: if necessary, salt and add spices to taste.
Sprinkle the liver in Stroganov style with chopped herbs (dill, parsley or green onions - to your taste) and serve with a side dish. The tender liver combines wonderfully with pasta, rice and potatoes: but you can also serve with buckwheat. Do not forget to put vegetables or vegetable salads on the table. You can see the recipes for side dishes and vegetable salads on our website “Very tasty”.