Pancake week is in full swing and, continuing the tradition, I propose to cook delicious thin pancakes with holes. Shrovetide is a holiday inherited from pagan times. Pancakes - a ritual dish that over time has passed into everyday life. I understand that every housewife has her own branded recipe for pancakes or pancakes. But you always want to try something new (and the Pancake week lasts seven days - these are 7 different recipes). Thin openwork pancakes turn out to be unusually tasty, delicate and fragrant. Your relatives and guests will be delighted. Try it - I'm sure you will not regret it.
- 330 milliliters of milk;
- 110 milliliters of kefir;
- 2 fresh eggs;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder;
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt;
- 160 grams (one glass) of flour;
- 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Delicious thin pancakes. Step by step recipe
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla (or vanilla sugar) in a deep bowl until smooth (with a whisk or mixer).
- Add a pinch of salt and kefir to the egg mixture (0.5 cups). Tip: if you want pancakes to always be tasty, delicate, thin, use the following proportion of dairy products - ⅔ mix milk with ⅓ any dairy product (this can be kefir, sour cream, yogurt, fermented baked milk, etc.). Mix well.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the baking powder, whisk a little with a whisk so that there are no lumps left and the dough becomes homogeneous.
- Pour in warm milk and vegetable oil. The dough is liquid and homogeneous in consistency.
- Bake in a hot pan greased with a brush with butter. Tip: if you want the pancakes to be porous and openwork, grease the pan before frying the next pancake with melted butter.
- As soon as the smoke goes over the pan, pour the dough and reduce the fire by half. Pour the dough into the pan (it is better for novice housewives to use a crepe maker with a diameter of no more than 18 centimeters - it is easier to turn pancakes) and evenly distribute it on the surface. The pancake immediately begins to "breathe", holes appear on the surface - pores.
- Fry until golden, separate the edge of the pancake from the pan with a spatula and turn it over (I do this with my hands, but it can also be done with a spatula).
- Thus, we bake all the pancakes. Lubricate the finished pancakes with a brush with melted butter and spread on a serving dish.
How to serve pancakes on Shrovetide? I want to offer you some tips - recommendations.
- Apple cream. We wipe the baked apples through a sieve (or grind with a blender), mix with the zest and juice of one lemon, add 3 tablespoons of honey. Add 3 whipped protein to the mixture and send to the refrigerator for an hour.
- Filling with nuts. Crush 200 grams of walnuts, put them in 80 ml of boiled milk (boil with cinnamon and cloves). Combine the products, add 50 grams of honey to them and mix.
- Cottage cheese filling. We clean and dice three apples, in a separate bowl we mix 100 grams of cottage cheese and 50 grams of sour cream. Melt 50 grams of butter and fry four tablespoons of sugar and apples on it. Cool and mix with cottage cheese.
Thin pancakes are also served with sour cream (I do this: add sugar to sour cream and mix well); and with soaking - melt the butter and sour cream, salt and pour into a bowl; and caviar (I use protein). And you can just grease with butter, fold four times and sprinkle with sugar or powdered sugar. I think every housewife, even a beginner, will find her own recipe. The site “I like to cook” congratulates you on Shrovetide and offers many more recipes for pancakes and pancakes. And be sure to try the kataef - thin Arabian pancakes, and the recipe for the thinnest pancakes in milk - incredibly tasty!