One of the simplest, but most beloved and sought after recipes: very tender cabbage in batter. Golden crisp, enveloping the delicate flesh inside, gives the dish not only a delicious taste, but also makes it very attractive, satisfying, beautiful and appetizing. Cabbage in batter looks good with fresh tomatoes, goes well with leafy salads, tastes good with bell pepper, and is incredibly piquant in company with Korean carrots. Like it or not: this cabbage is just perfect. Let's cook soon, because it is very tasty!
- medium-sized cabbage - 1 piece;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- flour - 3 tablespoons;
- salt - a pinch;
- hard cheese - 200 grams;
- vegetable oil.
Very tender cabbage in batter. Step by step recipe
- First we need to boil cabbage: we need 1 average head of cabbage. Take a pot, pour water. When the water boils, make the fire quieter. We put the whole head in water, cover with a lid and cook over low heat: until the leaves begin to fall off themselves.
- Tip: so that the leaves easily depart, before starting to cook cabbage, cut out the stump.
- Meanwhile, until the cabbage reaches the desired state, we will prepare the batter.
- We take a deep bowl, break four chicken eggs into it and beat with a whisk until smooth. Then add flour there (three tablespoons), continue to beat. Add a pinch of salt, and spices are also welcomed to taste.
- Tip: you can add finely chopped dill to the batter. He gives a special piquancy: and will decorate the crust of batter.
- When the cabbage is ready, remove it from the heat and leave it to the side. Open the lid and take off the leaves from the cabbage in turn. Put the leaves aside: let cool.
- When the leaves of the cabbage have cooled, we cut the hard part with a knife so that we can give the shape that we need, and the leaf does not turn around.
- Now we need hard cheese: we will cut it into thin layers.
- After the cheese has been sliced, we wrap each layer in a cabbage leaf and give the shape of an envelope.
- Tip. You can put any stuffing in cabbage: sausage, meat, other vegetables. It will be very delicious to put together with cheese a fresh tomato, cut into rings: one ringlet will be enough in one envelope. The cabbage is more juicy.
- We take the pan, put it on the stove, pour one tablespoon of vegetable oil into it. We wait until the pan heats up.
- On a hot frying pan, spread the cabbage, lowered into the batter, and fry from 2 sides until golden brown.
Also, I want to offer you another easy recipe: a gentle batter for cabbage. It is also prepared easily, and without any extra costs. This batter has its own peculiarity: a cheese crust - which drives everyone crazy.
- Take a deep plate and break 3 chicken eggs into it. Add 50 milliliters of fresh milk, whisk well with a whisk to get a homogeneous mass.
- Add salt to taste and any other spices that you like.
- Tip: put the salt very slightly, since we have salty cheese.
- Now we need 100 grams of hard cheese. Finely grate the cheese and then add it to the egg mass. Mix well.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of wheat flour and mix: until a homogeneous consistency.
- So we got a gentle and simple batter
Fried cabbage in batter goes well with a delicious sauce.
- For the sauce, we will take 3 pickled cucumbers, finely chop them into cubes.
- We shift the cucumbers into the blender bowl, add 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of fat mayonnaise.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Then add 30 milliliters of cream to this whole mass. Mix everything thoroughly. The sauce is ready: you can serve it on the table.
Contrary to standard and common practice, serve “pure” cabbage, think of sauces. This vegetable goes well with many of them!
The simplest option: mayonnaise - a pearly white droplet on each piece is actually capable of making a miracle, giving the ordinary dish a special touch. When fantasizing, mix mayonnaise with various additives (garlic, herbs, apple, horseradish, anchovies, gherkins, chili, mustard and dozens of other ingredients), try and look for your ideal option. Soy sauce, sour cream with garlic, ketchup, cream, ravigot, tartar, vinaigrette - in my opinion, anything is combined with cabbage! There are a lot of sauces with which to serve vegetables, and you should try everything-all-all: and their recipes you will find on our site “I like to cook”.