My friend in Italy, whom I was visiting, cooked delicious national dishes very tasty, but best of all, she came out with lasagna! It turned out to be a classic recipe for an Italian dish. I want to say: the taste is unforgettable! Here, according to her recipe, I want to cook with you a truly Italian delicious dish at home. The recipe is not the easiest, but it’s worth it to try real classic lasagna and feel yourself in this warm and velvety country for a moment!
- paste (leaves) - 500 grams (can be purchased in stores);
- mozzarella - 200 grams;
- Parmesan - 70-100 grams.
For Bolognese sauce:
- olive oil - 50 milliliters;
- beef (ground beef) - 850 grams;
- carrots - 250-300 grams;
- onions - 200-250 grams;
- celery stalk - 3-4 pieces;
- tomato paste - 3 tablespoons;
- tomatoes - 600 grams;
- rosemary - 1 sprig;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- salt pepper.
For Bechamel sauce:
- butter - 100 grams;
- onions - 100 grams;
- flour - 80 grams;
- cloves - 3 sticks;
- milk - 1 liter;
- ground nutmeg - 0.5 teaspoon;
- salt pepper.
Well, very tasty lasagna! Step by step recipe
- Preparation of Bolognese sauce: we pass meat, onions, carrots, celery stalks through a meat grinder, mix all the ingredients.
- Heat a deep frying pan (preferably a pan) over high heat, pour olive oil and send minced meat, season with salt and pepper, stir and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- We clean the tomatoes: make a notch with a knife crosswise at the bottom of the tomatoes, put them in a bowl and pour boiling water for 20-30 seconds, if the fruits are not quite ripe, then the aging time needs to be increased. You will notice how, at the notch site, the skin begins to lag and wrap. We take out the tomatoes with a slotted spoon and immediately transfer it to a container with cold (preferably ice) water. And you can take out and remove the skin one by one, just pulling at its edge: it will very easily lag behind the pulp.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium pieces and remove the core.
- To well-fried meat, add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes (along with the juice that they isolated), mix.
- After 5-7 minutes, add water and chopped rosemary needles (they must be separated from the stem). And stew for another 20 minutes - the mass will be quite liquid, juicy.
- Step-by-step preparation of bechamel: onion very finely chopped.
- We heat the pan over medium heat, throw butter in it and fry the onion until light golden color. Salt, season with pepper.
- Add the flour and quickly stir until smooth. It will turn out quite thick, like a lump of dough. Continue to fry, stirring occasionally. Flour will get a golden hue.
- Pour milk in small portions and quickly stir with a whisk, trying to break all the lumps.
- When all the milk has been poured in, add the clove sticks, reduce the heat and evaporate the sauce to a state like custard. Do not forget to mix so that the sauce is not burnt.
- We remove the ready-made bechamel sauce from the heat, rub the nutmeg into it. We try, add salt if necessary.
- For the preparation of lasagna sauces do not have to cool.
- We collect lasagna: a baking dish (I used a size of 25x35 centimeters) well greased with Bechamel sauce (white sauce), put dry sheets of dough (pasta) in one layer. Again, grease abundantly with Bechamel sauce again, and spread Bolognese (meat sauce) on it, level it. Sprinkle grated mozzarella on top. In this order we lay out all the other layers. In the end, the top layer should be Bolognese (meat sauce).
- Sprinkle generously on top with grated mozzarella and parmesan. Mozzarella will melt and stretch well, and the parmesan will be baked and give our lasagna a golden cheese crust.
- It is also important: we do not put lasagna to the very top of the baking dish, as juice will still stand out during the baking process, so the sides should be higher.
- We send lasagna to the oven preheated to 170-180 degrees for about 25-35 minutes. During this time, the sheets should become soft. We check readiness with a wooden skewer or knife, piercing: if you feel that the sheets of dough are soft, then everything is ready.
- Turn off the oven and leave to brew for another 7-10 minutes.
- We chop the finished lasagna and serve it hot!
Homemade lasagna exceeded all expectations - it tastes like my friend cooked! It turned out juicy, the sheets baked well and became soft, but at the same time they keep their shape - and all this deliciously complements the delicate cheese. This dish not only saturates, it inspires to create unusual and delicious! So that’s why Italians are so passionate and enthusiastic - they often eat lasagna! Be with us on “Delicious”, create your culinary masterpieces - and share your impressions! Bon appetit!