A very simple and quick recipe: a wonderful vegetable casserole with mozzarella - a delicious, satisfying and quite healthy dinner is prepared for one or two. And you can file directly in the form - very beautiful: an unusually bright, truly summer kaleidoscope of vegetables. You can easily feed your relatives with an original eggplant casserole and delight guests. Already want to learn how to cook such a delicious eggplant and mozzarella casserole? Come with me to the kitchen, I’ll teach.
- large eggplants - 2 pieces;
- medium-sized potatoes - 4 pieces;
- tomatoes - 2 pieces (medium);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- mozzarella - to taste;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil for frying eggplant and greasing molds.
A wonderful vegetable casserole with mozzarella. Step by step recipe
- We remove the green ponytails from the eggplant and cut them into thin strips.
- Lubricate the pan with oil (using a brush) and also coat each eggplant slice with vegetable oil (I use olive, but can also be refined sunflower). We do this so that the eggplants absorb as little oil as possible when frying, and not be very greasy in the end.
- Fry all slices of eggplant in a well-heated pan from two sides: until golden brown.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into thin plates. Cook in boiling salted water until half ready (about 3-4 minutes).
- Tip. When cooking potatoes, focus on its variety and the thickness of the slices. Most importantly, it must be cooked until half cooked so that the pieces remain intact.
- Lubricate the baking dish with vegetable oil, lightly sprinkle with grated crackers.
- Beautifully lay out eggplant slices (round side to the sides, overlapping). You can look in more detail at the video under the recipe.
- Salt a little, put potato wedges between the eggplants.
- Peeled tomatoes and seeds, cut into small cubes and spread on eggplant.
- Add chopped garlic (if desired), ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle our dish with grated mozzarella on top (adjust the amount to your taste: I like to put more in casseroles).
- Tip. Mozzarella can be replaced with any other cheese, or cook without it at all.
- We send the form with the vegetable casserole to the oven, heated to 200 degrees.
- We bake until fully cooked: the eggplant and tomatoes should become soft, the potatoes should be fully cooked, and the cheese should melt.
A beautiful and tasty eggplant and vegetable casserole can be served in a form so as not to ruin a charming and original edible still life. A wonderful casserole of vegetables is not only a hearty everyday dish, but also a great idea for a festive table or evening get-togethers with friends. Cook with us: on the site "Very Delicious" you will find a large number of different recipes of original dishes. Enjoy your meal.