My mother loves to cook yeast pie with cabbage. Butter yeast cake is very tasty, and everyone who tastes it like it. Incredibly fancy pastry literally melts in your mouth, and a pleasant cabbage flavor causes an unbeatable appetite. Let's try to cook it together? Go!
- cabbage - 1 kilogram;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- vegetable oil;
- kefir - 1.5 cups;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 teaspoon (without slide);
- dry yeast - 1 tablespoon;
- sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons;
- flour - 500 grams.
To lubricate the dough:
- an egg - 1 piece.
A pie with cabbage. Step by step recipe
- Pour kefir into a saucepan or stewpan and heat.
Please note: kefir needs to be slightly warmed up, but not boiled so that subsequently the yeast does not cook.
- Then mix all the dry ingredients (except flour) in a bowl, where we will knead the dough.
- Add warmed kefir to our dry ingredients and mix everything.
- Add the sunflower oil and mix again.
- Sift the flour in parts and, after each added part, mix thoroughly.
If stirring with a spoon is difficult, you can mix with your hands on the table.
- It's time to roll our dough into a ball and put in a plate lightly sprinkled with flour. Sprinkle the dough on top with flour.
- We cover the plate with the dough with a clean towel or napkin, and leave it to the side for 30-40 minutes so that it rises.
It's time to prepare the filling for the test. If you are making a pie for the first time, you must first prepare the filling, and then knead the dough.
- Take the washed cabbage, clean it from thickening and cut into small pieces.
- We put a saucepan with water on the fire for blanching cabbage.
- As soon as the water boils, we send the cabbage into the pan for 2 minutes for blanching.
- After boiling, you immediately need to put the cabbage in a colander and under cold water.
- We cut the onions in half rings and fry them in sunflower oil preheated in a pan until the onions turn golden.
- Then add chilled cabbage to the onion and fry for about 30-35 minutes.
Attention! Frying time depends on the variety of cabbage. It’s better not to fry it than fry it. After all, then the filling in the pie will turn into porridge, and it will not be so tasty.
- While the cabbage is fried, we pepper and salt it, while stirring.
- The filling is ready: now it needs to be set to cool.
If you want the filling to cool quickly, I suggest you put it on the balcony or put it in any other cold place.
Now proceed to cutting the test. If you are going to make a cake without decoration, then divide the dough into two parts. If you want to decorate, then separate a small amount of dough for decoration.
- Sprinkle the table with flour and roll the yeast dough into a sausage.
- We divide the dough into two equal parts (if without decoration) and roll out the dough under the shape of the tray or baking sheet on which we will bake.
- We spread the bottom of the pie in a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil and make small indentations along the entire surface of the dough with a fork.
- Spread our cabbage filling evenly on the dough.
- We roll out the dough for the top layer and put it in the form on the layer with the filling.
- For reliability, carefully lay the edges of the upper layer under the lower and the top and pierce them in several places with a fork.
- If desired, decorate the top of the pie.
- Lubricate the cake with an egg and let it brew for about 10-15 minutes.
- We put the pie in an oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Voila! Our masterpiece is ready. It turns out very tasty and satisfying. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit.