I first tried achma when I was resting in Sochi about 10 years ago. To say that I was imbued with this dish is to say nothing. I fell in love with him with all my heart! But today I want to offer you my home recipe for achma with cottage cheese. It turns out incredibly tasty! Try it for sure!
- eggs - 6 pieces;
- flour - 1 kilogram;
- water - 0.5 cups;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- butter - 250 grams;
- Suluguni cheese - 200 grams;
- cottage cheese - 500 grams;
- milk - 0.5 cups.
Achma home. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the dough. Beat 4 eggs in a lush foam, then add flour, water, salt and mix well. The dough should be quite soft and not stick to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Boil water in a pan. Roll one ball of dough into a thin layer. Dip it in boiling water for literally half a minute. Then, carefully remove it from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and lower it into cold water. Then put the boiled dough on a baking sheet and grate the oil directly on top.
- Thus, lay out another 3 layers of dough, rubbing on each layer of oil. In the middle, lay the cottage cheese mixed with suluguni (half). Then back the boiled sheets, with grated butter. On the penultimate layer, lay out the second portion of cheese, on top of the last sheet.
- Cut Achma squares and fill with a pouring of two eggs and milk.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C and place a baking sheet with achma for 30 minutes, then increase the heat to 200 ° C and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
You can experiment and do achma by shifting each layer of suluguni with cottage cheese, the taste will be slightly different. It may seem from the first time that preparing achma is a rather complicated process, but it is not at all! I'm sure you will succeed. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit!