If you like zucchini, then you have to visit us - today we have amazing baked zucchini with cottage cheese. You can’t refuse such a treat: tasty, delicate pulp of zucchini and a lot of curd cheese filling! On the one hand, it is very simple and budget, but at the same time very tasty and festive. Given that now is the height of young, juicy, vitamin zucchini - it’s a sin to miss such a dish! As a bonus, I want to tell you how to make a delicious squash casserole from the leftovers. Join now!
- zucchini - 1 kilogram;
- cottage cheese - 350 grams;
- dill - 50-70 grams;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- garlic - 3-5 cloves;
- hard cheese - 100 grams;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- olive oil.
Amazing baked zucchini with cottage cheese. Step by step recipe
- We prepare the filling: we chop the washed and dried dill very finely. Tip for washing dill: it is better to wash it not under running water, but in a bowl. Since he has a lot of small needles, twigs on which dust can settle, and running water washes more superficially and can let in dirt. And in the bowl, on the contrary, all particles of greens are straightened and washed well. Type in a bowl of cold water, put dill in it for 5 minutes, and then rinse the greens well. For best results, rinse in two to three waters.
- You can take any cottage cheese, but it is better if it is dry, crumbly (I have 9%). If you have grainy, then wipe it through a sieve.
- Finely chop the garlic or grate it. The amount of garlic is adjustable according to your taste and size of garlic cloves.
- Combine cottage cheese, dill (leave a little for the casserole), garlic, salt (salt should feel good), season with pepper, add 2 eggs. All ingredients are mixed well.
- Young zucchini (about 15-20 centimeters long) are cut in half and the middle (seed part) is cleaned with a spoon to make a boat. (Do not throw out the selected pulp!)
- Sprinkle the cut dimples of zucchini with salt, pepper and put the curd filling in them, and grated hard cheese on top. If desired, you can sprinkle with thyme or other dried herbs and a little sprinkle with olive oil.
- We put the zucchini on a baking sheet covered with parchment and put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Step-by-step preparation of casserole from the leftovers: cut the pulp from the zucchini into crumbs in any shape, put in a baking pot. Add olive oil (about 1 tablespoon), dill, salt (0.3-0.5 teaspoon), season with ground pepper. If you still have curd filling and hard cheese, then we also add them to the pot and mix well. We cover and send to bake with zucchini for the same time. After 30-35 minutes we get it, mix it and put it in the oven again, but without the lid, so that the mass slightly thickens.
- If the stove allows, then before turning off, for 3-5 minutes, turn on the top fire in the oven to brown the crust. But be sure not to burn the top.
Zucchini baked with cottage cheese and casserole are ready! They are just amazing! Before serving, let them cool slightly - it will be tastier. The casserole itself turned out to be semi-liquid, juicy, somewhat similar to stew. I used it as a sauce for meat, buckwheat, and even so it is very tasty to eat! Homemade zucchini with cottage cheese - a bomb: tender, baked pulp, complemented by delicious cheese filling! Such a treat - you will lick your fingers! "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit!