I want to share with you a recipe for amazing puff cakes with onions and hot pepper. Homemade katlama is a national Kyrgyz dish that is served with a hot dish or just for tea. Scones are obtained in several layers, delicate inside, with a crispy crust. My family likes delicious puff cakes more than pies. I don’t know what the secret is, but the hand itself reaches for a piece of this crunchy charm.
- 300 milliliters of warm water;
- 500-550 grams of flour;
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil;
- 1 incomplete teaspoon of salt.
- 100 grams of butter;
- any greens (to your taste);
- hot peppers;
- ground hot pepper.
Amazing puff cake with onions and hot pepper. Step by step recipe
- Pour water into a bowl for kneading dough, put a teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- Pour in vegetable oil (according to the recipe).
- Sift flour into a bowl through a sieve.
- Knead the dough with a spoon and then with your hands.
- Ready dough for puff cakes should be soft enough, smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and leave the dough for 20 minutes.
- Tip. The dough can be covered with cling film or put in a bag.
- We lay down the dough into 4 parts, we round each of them.
- The blanks are covered with a film or a towel, left for 10 minutes.
- We will prepare the ingredients for the filling ourselves at this time. All components are laid out in different dishes.
- We cut one head of onion (you can take more, to your taste) into thin half rings.
- Finely chop the greens.
- Half the hot pepper, removing the seeds, cut into very small pieces.
- Pour hot (red) ground pepper into a separate bowl.
- On a table sprinkled with flour, roll each piece of dough into a very thin layer.
- Lubricate (silicone brush) with melted butter the resulting cake.
- Sprinkle it with hot ground pepper, slices of chopped onion, chopped herbs. Spread a little hot fresh pepper. We turn into a roll.
- We roll the roll in the form of a snail, press down with our hands and leave for 10 minutes.
- So do with all the blanks.
- We lay down the "snails" in a cake 0.5-0.7 mm thick.
- Tip. Puff cakes can be cooked without filling: grease with butter, roll into a roll, then with a snail. Let lie down for 10 minutes and roll into a cake.
- In a pan, heat a little vegetable oil (about 1 tablespoon) and spread the tortilla. Fry for three minutes on one side, under the lid.
- Turn over to the other side, add a little oil, cover with a lid and fry for another three minutes.
- Put the prepared cakes with onions on a plate, in a pile.
Preparing homemade cakes with onions is very simple and fast: I can do it in half an hour, so there is always fresh pastry for tea. Katlama can be cooked without filling, or made sweet: by adding sesame or poppy seeds inside. Try, experiment, and you will succeed. And on our Very Delicious website there are many more recipes for your culinary exploits: come on in.