Friends, I want to share with you a recipe for an amazing spring salad with corn and peas. This salad is like a lifesaver for me: it’s very easy to prepare, the ingredients are affordable, and you get a large bowl of delicious salad - for lunch or dinner you can’t imagine anything better. This is one of the most beloved chicken salads in our family. I suggest you join in - and prepare this quick salad with us.
- canned corn - 400 grams (one can);
- canned peas - 400 grams (one can);
- boiled eggs - four pieces;
- fresh cucumbers (medium size) - two pieces;
- boiled ham - 1 piece;
- mayonnaise for salad dressing - 220 grams;
- green onions - one bunch;
- fresh parsley - one bunch;
- salt and ground pepper - to your liking.
Amazing spring salad. Step by step recipe
- To prepare a salad with boiled chicken, you must first boil chicken legs.
- In a pan with salted water we send chicken legs and cook until tender. Ready meat should be easily pierced with a fork. We cool it, separate the meat from the bone, remove the skin, and cut the meat into small cubes.
- Tip: chicken legs can be replaced with any other type of boiled meat or sausage.
- Also, you first need to boil hard boiled (cook 10 minutes after boiling water) chicken eggs. Tip: so that the eggs do not burst during cooking, add a teaspoon of salt to the water where they are boiled.
- Sliced meat is sent to a deep bowl in which we will mix our spring salad.
- Boiled eggs are peeled and cut into medium sized cubes.
- We wash fresh cucumbers well with running water, cut off the tips (as they may be bitter) and cut into cubes.
- We wash a bunch of green onions with running water, shake off excess water and finely chop.
- All chopped ingredients are sent in turn to a bowl.
- Open a can of canned corn, drain the water from it, and send the corn to a bowl.
- We also do with canned peas.
- Add 220 grams of mayonnaise and mix well with a spoon. On the site “Very tasty” you can find step-by-step recipes for making mayonnaise at home. Homemade mayonnaise salad will be even tastier. If you do not like to use mayonnaise for dressing salads, you can safely use sour cream.
- Then try a little salad to taste: if necessary, add salt and black pepper to your liking.
- A bunch of green parsley is well washed under running water, shake off the remaining moisture and finely chop with a knife.
- Sprinkle the prepared salad with chicken and corn finely chopped parsley.
- If desired, the salad can be transferred to portioned salad bowls, or you can serve in one large salad.
The salad is not only bright, but also very tasty. Fresh cucumbers and green onions with parsley give it a delicate taste, and you, in addition, still get the portion of vitamins that we need so much in the spring. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a pleasant appetite and spring mood.