Appetizing khachapuri in Tbilisi from yeast-free dough is not just a cake. This dish is with a soul, with a wide Georgian soul! This recipe will talk about juicy tasty khachapuri, but not as high-calorie as usual - we will cook on a yeast-free dough!
- butter - 50 grams;
- wheat flour - 3 cups (600 grams);
- kefir - 1 cup;
- 2 eggs;
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- soda - 0.5 teaspoon;
- hard cheese (suluguni, cheddar, Dutch) - 400 grams.
Khachapuri in Tbilisi. Step by step recipe
- In a large container, mix one egg with kefir well, add sugar and olive oil.
- In a second bowl, pour 2 cups flour, soda, salt, mix everything and add a blank with kefir to this mixture. Start kneading the dough, adding flour if necessary. The dough should keep its shape, but at the same time remain soft and soft. It is normal if it sticks a little to the hands. When the dough is ready, leave it to brew for about 15 minutes.
- We proceed to the preparation of the filling. In the grated cheese, add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- From the dough, make a cylinder and cut into 7 even pieces. Form a cake from each piece. Put the cheese filling in the center of the cakes. Pull the ends of the cake to the center and glue it like a bag. Roll each bag very carefully on each side.
- Fry khachapuri in a well-heated skillet and do not spare sunflower oil to make a crispy golden crust.
Oh, how delicious it will be! A wonderful addition to khachapuri in Tbilisi will be a spicy adjika!
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the Megrelian khachapuri and khachapuri with cream cheese.