What could be tastier in summer than fresh vegetable salads? This is probably the most popular dish, and I want to share my favorite recipe for a delicious salad of young cabbage. Salads from young cabbage are always obtained juicy, crunchy and, importantly, very useful. Adding fresh seasonal vegetables and fragrant greens to this dish is just an amazing combination! I like that such a salad can be prepared both for every day and on the holiday table. I like to use a variety of dressings in this salad, to play with tastes, from tender to piquant.
- 1 bell pepper (220 grams);
- 8-10 grams of parsley;
- 150 grams of canned green peas;
- 330 grams of white cabbage;
- salt to taste;
- 80 grams of mayonnaise home or store;
- 2 pieces of chicken eggs;
- lettuce for decoration (optional);
- ground black pepper to taste.
Appetizing young cabbage salad. Step by step recipe
- First you need to prepare white cabbage: remove the top leaves, rinse, dry and finely chop with a knife or a special grater.
- Shredded cabbage should be poured into a deep bowl. Then slightly salt and crush slightly.
- Next, rinse, dry, peel the bell pepper and cut into thin strips. Pour chopped pepper in a bowl to the cabbage.
- Boiled eggs are peeled and cut into small cubes. Add the eggs in a bowl to the cabbage and bell pepper.
- Add peas to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Wash the parsley well, dry it and finely chop it. We shift the chopped parsley into a salad bowl.
- If you want to add more greens, then use green onions, dill, arugula, cilantro, you can add one kind of greens, or you can create a mix of flavors.
- Next, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- To the mixed products, add mayonnaise, salt and black pepper and mix everything well again.
- You can make mayonnaise at home if you wish. To do this, you need to drive one egg into a bowl, beat it with a mixer at medium speed, then pour in a thin stream of 250 milliliters of vegetable oil, constantly whipping with a mixer. The homogeneous mass should change color and begin to thicken, if the mass seems liquid to you, then add more vegetable oil. Next, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of regular mustard, salt, black pepper and sugar to taste. Again, beat the mayonnaise well, try and, if necessary, add the missing ingredients. Store ready-made mayonnaise in the refrigerator, in a sealed container.
- Instead of mayonnaise, you can cook a variety of sauces. If you want to make the dish more savory, then take 2 tablespoons of sour cream (preferably high fat or homemade), 2 tablespoons of kefir (2.5% fat), salt, sugar to taste, black pepper (you can use a mixture of peppers) and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Mix everything thoroughly, and the spicy dressing is ready.
- You can also take lemon juice and olive oil in a 1: 2 ratio for dressing, add salt, oregano and black pepper to taste, mix everything until smooth and season the salad.
- You can prepare another type of sauce, for this, take 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mix everything until smooth.
- For cabbage salads, you can make this sauce: 1 tablespoon of mustard, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper to taste, mix all the ingredients well.
- We proceed to the design of the salad. Put lettuce leaves on a plate, and then add the salad itself and decorate with parsley.
Appetizing young cabbage salad is prepared quickly and easily, it turns out to be very fragrant, tender and awesomely tasty. You can easily add your favorite vegetables, herbs, spices to the salad, and each time you get an original and interesting dish. Cook with us, go to the Very Delicious website and delight your loved ones with delicious dishes.