This is a wonderful “Surprise” apricot jam, inside which we will hide the currant berries. Apricot jam according to this recipe turns out to be sweet and fragrant with a slightly sour currant. It is very tasty, believe me. But here's how to cook apricot jam I will tell you further.
- Apricots - 1 kilogram;
- sugar - 1 kilogram;
- black currant.
Step by step recipe for apricot jam "With a surprise"
- Wash ripe and whole apricots, remove seeds without cutting them. This can be done using the back of the handle without a shaft. Set the handle with the sharp end where the stalk of the apricot begins, press and the seed will appear from your back, and the apricot will remain intact.
- Put two blackcurrant berries inside the apricots.
- Put everything in a saucepan and pour sugar syrup (1 kilogram of sugar per 1 liter of water), bring to a boil and leave for 8-10 hours.
- Then put on the fire again and boil, stirring 10-15 minutes. So repeat 2 more times. Stir the berries carefully so that they are whole.
- Transfer hot to sterilized jars and roll up.
Surprise with such an apricot jam with the surprise of your guests and relatives. Kids are also delighted with such jam.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!