Dear cooks, I liked a very simple and awesome recipe for a salad with fried potatoes - I hasten to share it with you. It is also called a French salad - as it contains fresh raw vegetables (carrots, beets, cabbage) and there is not a drop of mayonnaise. Crispy fried potatoes and chicken slices give the salad a rich flavor. From very simple and affordable ingredients (which can be found in the kitchen of any housewife) you will get a funky original salad: tasty, bright and healthy. Let's cook it together!
- potatoes - 600 grams;
- carrots - 2-3 pieces;
- beets (medium size) - one piece;
- white cabbage (medium size) - half a head of cabbage;
- chicken fillet - 0.5 kilograms;
- soy sauce - 3 tablespoons;
- apple cider vinegar - 3 tablespoons;
- salt, black pepper - to your liking;
- vegetable oil for frying potatoes and chicken.
Funky french fries salad. Step by step recipe
- To prepare a French salad with potatoes, the first thing you need to fry potatoes.
- To do this, peel the potatoes, wash them well and cut them into very thin cubes (try to make them as thin as possible).
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the pan (I use refined sunflower oil), heat it well and fry our potatoes until cooked and browned.
- During the frying process, the potatoes must be mixed several times.
- Then remove the pan from the heat. Salt the potatoes to your liking and put them on a plate covered with a paper kitchen towel. Thus, the potato will give away excess vegetable oil and cool.
- Peel the carrots (it is most convenient for me to peel vegetables with a peeler), wash well and cut into thin strips.
- We also peel the beets, rinse well and cut into thin strips.
- Tip: carrots and beets, if desired, can be grated on a coarse grater. Korean carrots are best used. Then the pieces are the same size and look beautiful in the finished salad. Thinly sliced vegetables are better marinated and tastier.
- Finely chop the half of the cabbage.
- Tip: this vegetable salad with chicken and fried potatoes turns out to be the most delicious, in my opinion, in early summer: when we use fresh young vegetables to cook it. Such vegetables contain the maximum amount of vitamins, and the vegetables themselves (carrots, beets, cabbage) are very juicy and crispy.
- Chicken fillet cut into straws.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the pan, heat it and send the pieces of fillet fried.
- With constant stirring, fry the fillet until cooked and a delicious golden crust appears. At the end of frying, salt and add black ground pepper (to your liking).
- In a deep salad bowl we spread the vegetables cut into thin strips and slices of fried chicken fillet.
- Add apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and mix well with a spoon.
- Then we send our French salad in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, so that it is pickled.
- After this time, we transfer the salad to the dish (it is also possible in portioned salad bowls), and on top lay the fried potatoes.
- We serve to the table.
Such a salad with chicken and beetroot can be eaten as an independent dish, it turns out to be very tasty and satisfying. And most importantly - useful! Easy cooking and great taste make this vegetable salad with fried potatoes cook again and again. Be sure to cook it at home: you will not regret it. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a pleasant appetite and spring mood.