Canned basil is a popular spice that is prepared for the winter in order to replenish your body with the beneficial substances contained in herbs in the cold season.
Canned basil in oil can be used when salt and oil are needed to the same extent as the greens themselves. For example, in salads, when stewing vegetables, for soup, or when cooking meat.
- Basil leaves - 125 grams;
- olive oil - 125 milliliters;
- salt - 30 grams.
Step-by-step recipe for canned basil in oil
- Put part of the washed and dried basil leaves in a jar sprinkled with salt.
- Continue to alternate layers until the jar is заполн full.
- Pour the container to the top with olive oil and tightly cork.
- Put in storage in a dark place.
Seasoning your dishes with canned basil, you can cook something new with a more pronounced taste. Unsurpassed canned basil sauce goes well with meat dishes.
Such a basil is definitely worth a try!
Enjoy your meal and new innovative ideas in cooking.