I propose to diversify the menu and prepare the best summer salad, which belongs to the dishes of Bulgarian cuisine. There, such a salad is also called "Shopska salad". Very light, easy to prepare and original to serve salad, if collected in a certain order, will remind you of the three colors that are present on the flag of Bulgaria. Juicy and healthy fresh vegetables will fill the body with vitamins. Bright and aromatic dressing will add piquancy and richness, and slightly salty cheese will complement everything - and give only the best moments of pleasure. I advise you to try to cook it in your kitchen: please yourself and loved ones - this is an excellent dish for both everyday and festive table. Hurry up and start cooking.
- fresh cucumbers - 2 pieces of medium size;
- fresh tomatoes - 2 pieces of medium size;
- bell pepper (red) - 2 medium pieces or 1 large;
- red sweet onion - 1 piece;
- feta cheese (can be replaced with feta) - 150 grams;
- parsley - 10 grams;
- balsamic vinegar (wine, apple) - 1 tablespoon (or to taste);
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons.
The best summer salad. Step by step recipe
- We wash all the vegetables under running water, put them in a colander and leave for a while to make the glass water. We will also do with a small bunch of parsley.
- Now you need to bake the bell pepper: so the salad will turn out more delicate in taste. You can not bake, but cook with fresh.
- I’ll still bake the pepper, so I will cut it into four segments, after cutting the stalk and removing the seeds.
- We put the pan on the stove. Heat it over medium heat and spread on a dry skillet a quarter of two bell peppers. Keep under cover over medium heat for 8-9 minutes. Do not flip or lift the lid.
- As a result, the pepper should become softer and fry a little. Transfer it to a saucepan or bowl, be sure to cover it with a lid. We leave everything for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we chop other vegetables. For example, let's start with cucumbers. Cut them into small slices. If the skin is bitter, it can be removed beforehand. Put it in a separate bowl for a short while.
- Let's get down to the tomatoes. We also cut them into small pieces: I advise you to take out the seeds. Also, if your tomatoes are large enough and ripe, it is better to remove the skin. Put in a separate bowl.
- Next, chop the red onion. If you don’t have it, replace it with white onions: I like red more for salads. Cut it into quarter rings. Shift separately in a bowl.
- Finely chop the leaves of parsley and transfer to a bowl.
- So 15 minutes have passed, we get the finished pepper. Remove the peel from it and cut into small slices.
- Rub cheese or feta on a coarse grater and knead a little with your hands.
- Now we collect the salad in the form of the main three colors of the flag: this is how it is served. Take a deep salad bowl (preferably transparent, then the layers will be visible). We put chopped tomatoes and red bell pepper on the very bottom. Then comes a layer of fresh cucumber and chopped parsley. Then we spread onions and grated cheese Brynza (or feta).
- It remains the case for salad dressing. For this we use vegetable oil and balsamic vinegar. But we do this right before serving. Then we mix and fill it.
Awesome summer salad is ready. Healthy, tasty, light and very easy to prepare salad is rightfully considered the best and very popular among housewives. The team of the site “Very Delicious” wishes you a warm summer, plenty of fresh and healthy vegetables on the table: prepare healthy dishes with us. Good appetite!