Recently I saw an interesting recipe: bread at home - and could not resist the temptation to cook it. Usually I knead the dough on the water, without eggs, add various spices and seasonings: turmeric, thyme, caraway seeds, fried onions and even pumpkin puree. However, pastries made with sour milk and butter come out incredibly fragrant. It tastes more like pastries to taste: therefore, the dough is perfect for all kinds of pies and rolls. For my beloved portal “I Love Cooking” I’ll not only tell you how to bake homemade bread, but also will reveal some secrets on kneading yeast dough.
- water (room temperature) - 20 grams;
- yeast (dry, granular) - 11 grams;
- sugar - 30-50 grams;
- salt - on the tip of a knife;
- butter (melted) - 50-75 grams;
- chicken egg (medium size) - 1 piece;
- sour milk (cow or goat) - 250 milliliters;
- flour - 500-600 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- egg (whole or yolk for lubrication) - 1 piece.
Bread at home. Step by step recipe
- All products, without exception, must be at room temperature so that the dough rises faster, comes out softer and more pliable.
- Pour a little water into a bowl, add dry yeast (you can replace it with fresh yeast - 20-30 grams). Pour sugar, mix thoroughly. Add 2-3 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir the yeast mass thoroughly with a spoon, cover with a waffle towel, be sure to set aside for 15 minutes to activate the yeast. It is from this process that the further preparation of delicious homemade bread depends.
- How to verify that the yeast has started to work? Run a spoon through the test: if many bubbles have formed, then you can knead. Pour homemade sour milk into the container, which can be slightly warmed up.
- Pour melted butter into the mass, add an egg (you can put only 2 yolks), add salt, stir.
- Add flour to a bowl with all the ingredients, stirring thoroughly. To make bread at home successful, you need to carefully monitor the condition of the test, use quality products.
- Pour vegetable oil on the table, grease your hands and lay out a dough ball. Knead thoroughly until smooth. If it spreads out, does not keep its shape, then you need to add another 50-100 grams of flour. The dough should be incredibly soft, elastic, not stick to your hands, and when pressed, the hole should straighten. I like this simple recipe for homemade yeast bread because the dough ball is easy to knead and the pastries come out soft.
- Ready dough must be put on the proofing. To do this, sprinkle a bowl or bowl of the multicooker with a small amount of flour and place the bun. Important: do not lubricate the sides of the form with vegetable oil, so that the lump does not slide down, it rises well.
- The dough should stand in a warm place for about an hour. And you can put in a slow cooker for 30 minutes. Turn on the “Proofing” or “Multi-cook” mode, set 35 degrees. You can bake homemade bread in a slow cooker - only then a gorgeous golden crust will not work.
- When the dough comes up, gently pull it out of the bowl, and then make a swipe a couple of times. If you reach for your hands slightly, stick to your palms, flour should not be added. Carefully form a tall and not too wide bun, place on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Cover the lump with a towel, leave for 20-30 minutes, so that it rises.
- Do not forget to preheat the oven to 160 degrees. In principle, the step-by-step recipe for baking homemade bread is quite simple: the main thing is to have a good oven - preferably electric.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 30-40 minutes. 10 minutes before the bread is ready, grease the surface with beaten yolk (egg).
- When to get the product? I check with a toothpick or a wooden skewer: if there is no residue of dough on it, then it's time to pull it out of the oven. Be sure to place on a wooden board or grate, cover with a towel and let stand for 2-3 hours.
Bread at home captivates with its amazing aroma, taste and golden top. There are tender milk notes: therefore, hostesses who do not like a goat dairy product should not add it to the dough. A home product is much more useful than a store one: after all, only high-quality components are used without chemical additives.